Wireless Forums

Posted Jul 11, 2008
9:10:15 AM
View profile
New Voicemail Icon Won't Go Away But No Voicemails
The new voicemail icon on the top of the screen won't go away even though I have new voicemails.  I've tried rebooting the phone.  I've tried taking out the battery for awhile to reset it.  But, it's still there.  I dial voicemail and it says I have no messages.  Any advice? 
The new voicemail icon on the top of the screen won't go away even though I have new voicemails.  I've tried rebooting the phone.  I've tried taking out the battery for awhile to reset it.  But, it's still there.  I dial voicemail and it says I have no messages.  Any advice? 

New Voicemail Icon Won't Go Away But No Voicemails

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2008 10:46:42 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

LaurieHickey wrote:

1. Make sure you're in an area with good signal
  2. Call your number from another phone and leave yourself a message
  3. Wait for the new voicemail notification to arrive
  4. Check the VM and delete the message
  5. Keep pressing * until the phone disconnects

LaurieHickey wrote:

1. Make sure you're in an area with good signal
  2. Call your number from another phone and leave yourself a message
  3. Wait for the new voicemail notification to arrive
  4. Check the VM and delete the message
  5. Keep pressing * until the phone disconnects

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: New Voicemail Icon Won't Go Away But No Voicemails

2 of 3 (22,677 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2009 6:24:43 PM
(0)
Contributor
I had the same problem with my new Samsung Propel.  I left myself a message from my landline and deleted my message and now no more icon.  I've not recieved another new voicemail message yet so I assume it is fixed. 
I had the same problem with my new Samsung Propel.  I left myself a message from my landline and deleted my message and now no more icon.  I've not recieved another new voicemail message yet so I assume it is fixed. 

Re: New Voicemail Icon Won't Go Away But No Voicemails

3 of 3 (21,007 Views)