New Voicemail Icon Won't Go Away But No Voicemails

Contributor

New Voicemail Icon Won't Go Away But No Voicemails

The new voicemail icon on the top of the screen won't go away even though I have new voicemails.  I've tried rebooting the phone.  I've tried taking out the battery for awhile to reset it.  But, it's still there.  I dial voicemail and it says I have no messages.  Any advice? 
Message 1 of 3 (24,814 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: New Voicemail Icon Won't Go Away But No Voicemails

LaurieHickey wrote:
The new voicemail icon on the top of the screen won't go away even though I have new voicemails.  I've tried rebooting the phone.  I've tried taking out the battery for awhile to reset it.  But, it's still there.  I dial voicemail and it says I have no messages.  Any advice?

1. Make sure you're in an area with good signal
  2. Call your number from another phone and leave yourself a message
  3. Wait for the new voicemail notification to arrive
  4. Check the VM and delete the message
  5. Keep pressing * until the phone disconnects

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (24,814 Views)
Contributor

Re: New Voicemail Icon Won't Go Away But No Voicemails

I had the same problem with my new Samsung Propel.  I left myself a message from my landline and deleted my message and now no more icon.  I've not recieved another new voicemail message yet so I assume it is fixed. 
Message 3 of 3 (23,144 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support