New Samsung Infuse Commercial - what WERE you thinking ATT?

Contributor

New Samsung Infuse Commercial - what WERE you thinking ATT?

I'm directing this post specifically to ATT's marketing group: what WERE you thinking when you created the recent commercial for Samsung Infuse with the spider and the woman screaming .. then her table partners beating the phone because the image looked so realistic? That is the tackiest MOST obnoxious commercial I've ever seen. When it comes on, I immediately change channels - it irritates the psyche and makes me remember this phone but for all the wrong reasons. I wouldn't buy this phone on a bet because of your rediculous and VERY lame attempt at advertising.  There are too many quality phones out there to limit myself to Samsung and there are marketing groups who take seriously the intelligence and taste of their customer. You are insulting your customer base with this ad.  If I were you, I would remove it from TV airing .. today. Its sick and annoying .. yes, very annoying.   http://youtu.be/mcr2uWkJkzI Check it out and tell me I'm wrong .. NOT!

A former ATT / Samsung customer

Joss

Message 1 of 25 (2,864 Views)
Contributor

Re: New Samsung Infuse Commercial - what WERE you thinking ATT?

This is one of the most annoying commercials ever!!!!!!  Whenever it comes on, I switch to another channel or mute it.  This commercial should be banned.

Message 16 of 25 (991 Views)
Contributor

I totally agree with you. I wonder how many customers they have lost because of this stupid commercial?

Message 18 of 25 (956 Views)
Contributor

No not drive by posters, these are people like me that went to the trouble of registering on this board because there is no other way to complain to ATT about the Moronic commercial. They should seriously think twice about annoying so many potential customers. Yes they got people's attention..... long enough to mute or change channels but not to ever listed to what they are trying to sell.

Message 19 of 25 (951 Views)
Contributor

I concur and so do my friends and family!!!  This is the most obnoxiously LOUD commercial ever!!!  I dive across the room to hit the mute button before the woman starts screaming.  This commercial is very annoying, extremely loud and needs to be retired!

Message 20 of 25 (934 Views)
Contributor

I had to laugh at your post as I feel the same way!!!!  WHERE'S THE MUTE BUTTON!!!  If I can't get to it fast enough and the lady starts screaming, I want to just throw myself off a cliff!!!!  Arrgghhh!!!!!

Message 21 of 25 (947 Views)
Contributor

Samsung Infuse most annoying commercial

We were so annoyed by the commercial that we didn't know what was being advertised. My husband even changes to a different channel every time this stupid commercial comes on. I pray they take it away. I find it so annoying that I would never consider that brand just because of it and it makes me want to use a different service other than ATT. Like other people have said, what were this people thinking?  I dislike this commercial with a passion, makes me upset every time it comes on. 

Message 17 of 25 (962 Views)

Re: Samsung Infuse most annoying commercial

I totally agree with you!! I'd like to know what agency thought this up and WHO at ATT actually approved it.... I supposed they will say that all the negative attention is getting the name out, but I never remember what the commercial is for until the end. I even have ATT services AND a Samsung phone!

It's just stupid!

Message 22 of 25 (943 Views)
Contributor

This commercial is HIGHLY OFFENSIVE.  I, too, scramble for the remote each time in a mad rush to press ANY button, just to get rid of or shut this wench up!  Is your product that bad that you have to resort to having someone scream in our faces at the top her lungs to get our attention?  Shame on you, AT&T. You're not making any new customers with this stupid stunt.  Everyone I know finds this commercial annoying and distasteful.   Can't wait for it to be over!

Message 23 of 25 (917 Views)
Mentor

Promoting the only phone on the ATT network with Super AMOLED +? What WERE they thinking?! *cough*

@Justintimeagain: how exactly is it "highly offensive?"
Message 24 of 25 (908 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

I just have to add my 2 cents!  This commercial just came on again... I either turn on the MUTE or change the channel every time this commercial comes on.  It has to be THE worst and THE most annoying commercial I have witnessed.  I would never purchase this phone just because of this disgusting commercial.  Save yourselves and take this disgusting and annoying commercial off the air NOW!  Thank you!  

Message 25 of 25 (851 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.