Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 25, 2011
11:00:02 PM
View profile
New Samsung Infuse Commercial - what WERE you thinking ATT?

I'm directing this post specifically to ATT's marketing group: what WERE you thinking when you created the recent commercial for Samsung Infuse with the spider and the woman screaming .. then her table partners beating the phone because the image looked so realistic? That is the tackiest MOST obnoxious commercial I've ever seen. When it comes on, I immediately change channels - it irritates the psyche and makes me remember this phone but for all the wrong reasons. I wouldn't buy this phone on a bet because of your rediculous and VERY lame attempt at advertising.  There are too many quality phones out there to limit myself to Samsung and there are marketing groups who take seriously the intelligence and taste of their customer. You are insulting your customer base with this ad.  If I were you, I would remove it from TV airing .. today. Its sick and annoying .. yes, very annoying.   http://youtu.be/mcr2uWkJkzI Check it out and tell me I'm wrong .. NOT!

A former ATT / Samsung customer

Joss

I'm directing this post specifically to ATT's marketing group: what WERE you thinking when you created the recent commercial for Samsung Infuse with the spider and the woman screaming .. then her table partners beating the phone because the image looked so realistic? That is the tackiest MOST obnoxious commercial I've ever seen. When it comes on, I immediately change channels - it irritates the psyche and makes me remember this phone but for all the wrong reasons. I wouldn't buy this phone on a bet because of your rediculous and VERY lame attempt at advertising.  There are too many quality phones out there to limit myself to Samsung and there are marketing groups who take seriously the intelligence and taste of their customer. You are insulting your customer base with this ad.  If I were you, I would remove it from TV airing .. today. Its sick and annoying .. yes, very annoying.   http://youtu.be/mcr2uWkJkzI Check it out and tell me I'm wrong .. NOT!

A former ATT / Samsung customer

Joss

New Samsung Infuse Commercial - what WERE you thinking ATT?

24 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(24)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 27, 2011 4:43:47 AM
(0)
Tutor

Ehh, I thought it was kind of funny.  To each their own.

Ehh, I thought it was kind of funny.  To each their own.

Re: New Samsung Infuse Commercial - what WERE you thinking ATT?

2 of 25 (2,701 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 28, 2011 5:16:31 AM
(0)
Scholar

Why would I want a phone that makes people want to destroy it? Smiley Happy

Why would I want a phone that makes people want to destroy it? Smiley Happy

3 of 25 (2,664 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 28, 2011 7:31:23 PM
(0)
Mentor
If the phone locks up, vibrates a few times and reboots one more tine, I'll be hitting it. Love the phone bur the Stock browser and occasionally the gallery will kill my phone for 5 minutes..wife's phone too!
If the phone locks up, vibrates a few times and reboots one more tine, I'll be hitting it. Love the phone bur the Stock browser and occasionally the gallery will kill my phone for 5 minutes..wife's phone too!

4 of 25 (2,638 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 28, 2011 9:01:37 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Man, her chair went flying... Although I've never seen it on T.V. that commercial is pretty annoying. I hate the advertiser guy's voice at the end, too, but the phone itself looks very cool. Especially with that turantula. Smiley Wink

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Man, her chair went flying... Although I've never seen it on T.V. that commercial is pretty annoying. I hate the advertiser guy's voice at the end, too, but the phone itself looks very cool. Especially with that turantula. Smiley Wink

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 25 (2,630 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 30, 2011 1:23:22 PM
(0)
Contributor

I know what you mean. My son cant be in the room cause that ladies stupid screaming scares him. Its a very frustrating commercial. IT NEEDS TO BE REMOVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know what you mean. My son cant be in the room cause that ladies stupid screaming scares him. Its a very frustrating commercial. IT NEEDS TO BE REMOVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 of 25 (2,545 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 30, 2011 6:32:33 PM
(0)
Contributor

That is one of the stupidest, most annoying commercials I've seen in a LONG time.

That is one of the stupidest, most annoying commercials I've seen in a LONG time.

7 of 25 (2,523 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2011 10:36:17 AM
(0)
Contributor
Me and everyone I know hate hate hate this annoying commercial!!! It has gotten to where I have to furiously search for the remote so I can change the channel in order to avoid it. This is the first time in my 30 years that I have ever felt the need to do so. I am so continuously outraged that it is still playing, and so often, that I REFUSE to ever buy an ATT phone ever. In what reality do you think that annoying potential customers makes them want to buy from you? Do yourself a favor and fire the dunce who thought this commercial was going to sell you more phones.
Me and everyone I know hate hate hate this annoying commercial!!! It has gotten to where I have to furiously search for the remote so I can change the channel in order to avoid it. This is the first time in my 30 years that I have ever felt the need to do so. I am so continuously outraged that it is still playing, and so often, that I REFUSE to ever buy an ATT phone ever. In what reality do you think that annoying potential customers makes them want to buy from you? Do yourself a favor and fire the dunce who thought this commercial was going to sell you more phones.

8 of 25 (2,107 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2011 4:40:53 PM
(0)
Contributor

I hate this commercial with a burning passion. Everytime it comes on i scramble for the remote and hit the mute button. This commercial makes me very angry. I cringe when i first hear the scream. I normally don't like registering for random things but i really needed to voice how awful this commercial is. It took me a while to actually tell what the commercial was about because the it annoyed me so much. Now i'm making a negative assocciation; if i ever get that phone i would think of nothing but screaming. In fact, at the moment i'm making a point to never buy that phone. If the simple fact that the commercial is annoying doesn't get it pulled, how about the fact that the commercial is offensive to women. The girl is the one that screams like a maniac when she sees the spider. I guess i would hate the commercial less if it was the guy who was screaming; then it would be a wee bit funny.

I hate this commercial with a burning passion. Everytime it comes on i scramble for the remote and hit the mute button. This commercial makes me very angry. I cringe when i first hear the scream. I normally don't like registering for random things but i really needed to voice how awful this commercial is. It took me a while to actually tell what the commercial was about because the it annoyed me so much. Now i'm making a negative assocciation; if i ever get that phone i would think of nothing but screaming. In fact, at the moment i'm making a point to never buy that phone. If the simple fact that the commercial is annoying doesn't get it pulled, how about the fact that the commercial is offensive to women. The girl is the one that screams like a maniac when she sees the spider. I guess i would hate the commercial less if it was the guy who was screaming; then it would be a wee bit funny.

9 of 25 (2,083 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 16, 2011 5:16:25 AM
(0)
Scholar

Anyone notice that post 1, 7, 8 & 9 only have ONE post on this forum?  Drive by posters

Anyone notice that post 1, 7, 8 & 9 only have ONE post on this forum?  Drive by posters

10 of 25 (2,056 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 16, 2011 7:47:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
I was going to say the same thing. Or something alike.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

I was going to say the same thing. Or something alike.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

11 of 25 (1,078 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2011 1:26:00 PM
(0)
Contributor

Drive by poster here. yup this is my first and only post. that commercial is soo d@m annoying that people like me took the time to register just to express how extremely annoyed we are by this terrible commercial. Me and just about everyone i know hit the mute button at the first sign of this commercial. The thread title says it all. what the eff were you thinking AT&T?

Drive by poster here. yup this is my first and only post. that commercial is soo d@m annoying that people like me took the time to register just to express how extremely annoyed we are by this terrible commercial. Me and just about everyone i know hit the mute button at the first sign of this commercial. The thread title says it all. what the eff were you thinking AT&T?

12 of 25 (1,023 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2011 11:55:46 AM
(0)
Guru
I can't believe people get so easily annoyed, or annoyed with a tv commercial.
@sasha... It may be the woman screaming, but it's the man beating a PHONE, with his SHOE.

It's a goofy commercial, true. But I wanted to see what this "lifelike" screen looked like in real life... Ended up buying one.
I can't believe people get so easily annoyed, or annoyed with a tv commercial.
@sasha... It may be the woman screaming, but it's the man beating a PHONE, with his SHOE.

It's a goofy commercial, true. But I wanted to see what this "lifelike" screen looked like in real life... Ended up buying one.

13 of 25 (997 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2011 7:02:44 PM
(0)
Contributor

I too hate this commercial. I've never written about any commercial ever but I get so aggravated. The screaming is very annoying. My entire family rushes for the mute button everytime it comes on ! I would never buy this product. Why would any one choose this as a marketing tool??

I too hate this commercial. I've never written about any commercial ever but I get so aggravated. The screaming is very annoying. My entire family rushes for the mute button everytime it comes on ! I would never buy this product. Why would any one choose this as a marketing tool??

14 of 25 (988 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2011 2:13:20 PM
(0)
Contributor
I get it. Nowadays many of us are so stressed that we forget to fully exercise all of our options; one of which is to watch tv channels that advertise less. This blog isn't big enough to complain about all the offensive stuff I see on tv [which by the way, others may love]. I was actually considering another phone, but this ad encouraged me to ignore the hype and check the specs; sorry, I think I will get one next week.
I get it. Nowadays many of us are so stressed that we forget to fully exercise all of our options; one of which is to watch tv channels that advertise less. This blog isn't big enough to complain about all the offensive stuff I see on tv [which by the way, others may love]. I was actually considering another phone, but this ad encouraged me to ignore the hype and check the specs; sorry, I think I will get one next week.

15 of 25 (974 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2011 10:34:45 AM
(0)
Contributor

This is one of the most annoying commercials ever!!!!!!  Whenever it comes on, I switch to another channel or mute it.  This commercial should be banned.

This is one of the most annoying commercials ever!!!!!!  Whenever it comes on, I switch to another channel or mute it.  This commercial should be banned.

16 of 25 (910 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2011 2:54:18 PM
(0)
Contributor

I totally agree with you. I wonder how many customers they have lost because of this stupid commercial?

I totally agree with you. I wonder how many customers they have lost because of this stupid commercial?

18 of 25 (875 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2011 3:33:02 PM
(0)
Contributor

No not drive by posters, these are people like me that went to the trouble of registering on this board because there is no other way to complain to ATT about the Moronic commercial. They should seriously think twice about annoying so many potential customers. Yes they got people's attention..... long enough to mute or change channels but not to ever listed to what they are trying to sell.

No not drive by posters, these are people like me that went to the trouble of registering on this board because there is no other way to complain to ATT about the Moronic commercial. They should seriously think twice about annoying so many potential customers. Yes they got people's attention..... long enough to mute or change channels but not to ever listed to what they are trying to sell.

19 of 25 (870 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2011 11:41:56 AM
(0)
Contributor

I concur and so do my friends and family!!!  This is the most obnoxiously LOUD commercial ever!!!  I dive across the room to hit the mute button before the woman starts screaming.  This commercial is very annoying, extremely loud and needs to be retired!

I concur and so do my friends and family!!!  This is the most obnoxiously LOUD commercial ever!!!  I dive across the room to hit the mute button before the woman starts screaming.  This commercial is very annoying, extremely loud and needs to be retired!

20 of 25 (853 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2011 11:45:26 AM
(0)
Contributor

I had to laugh at your post as I feel the same way!!!!  WHERE'S THE MUTE BUTTON!!!  If I can't get to it fast enough and the lady starts screaming, I want to just throw myself off a cliff!!!!  Arrgghhh!!!!!

I had to laugh at your post as I feel the same way!!!!  WHERE'S THE MUTE BUTTON!!!  If I can't get to it fast enough and the lady starts screaming, I want to just throw myself off a cliff!!!!  Arrgghhh!!!!!

21 of 25 (866 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2011 2:52:15 PM
(0)
Contributor

We were so annoyed by the commercial that we didn't know what was being advertised. My husband even changes to a different channel every time this stupid commercial comes on. I pray they take it away. I find it so annoying that I would never consider that brand just because of it and it makes me want to use a different service other than ATT. Like other people have said, what were this people thinking?  I dislike this commercial with a passion, makes me upset every time it comes on. 

We were so annoyed by the commercial that we didn't know what was being advertised. My husband even changes to a different channel every time this stupid commercial comes on. I pray they take it away. I find it so annoying that I would never consider that brand just because of it and it makes me want to use a different service other than ATT. Like other people have said, what were this people thinking?  I dislike this commercial with a passion, makes me upset every time it comes on. 

Samsung Infuse most annoying commercial

17 of 25 (881 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2011 12:20:06 PM
(0)
Tutor

I totally agree with you!! I'd like to know what agency thought this up and WHO at ATT actually approved it.... I supposed they will say that all the negative attention is getting the name out, but I never remember what the commercial is for until the end. I even have ATT services AND a Samsung phone!

It's just stupid!

I totally agree with you!! I'd like to know what agency thought this up and WHO at ATT actually approved it.... I supposed they will say that all the negative attention is getting the name out, but I never remember what the commercial is for until the end. I even have ATT services AND a Samsung phone!

It's just stupid!

Re: Samsung Infuse most annoying commercial

22 of 25 (862 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2011 8:11:17 PM
(0)
Contributor

This commercial is HIGHLY OFFENSIVE.  I, too, scramble for the remote each time in a mad rush to press ANY button, just to get rid of or shut this wench up!  Is your product that bad that you have to resort to having someone scream in our faces at the top her lungs to get our attention?  Shame on you, AT&T. You're not making any new customers with this stupid stunt.  Everyone I know finds this commercial annoying and distasteful.   Can't wait for it to be over!

This commercial is HIGHLY OFFENSIVE.  I, too, scramble for the remote each time in a mad rush to press ANY button, just to get rid of or shut this wench up!  Is your product that bad that you have to resort to having someone scream in our faces at the top her lungs to get our attention?  Shame on you, AT&T. You're not making any new customers with this stupid stunt.  Everyone I know finds this commercial annoying and distasteful.   Can't wait for it to be over!

23 of 25 (836 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2011 7:20:27 AM
(0)
Mentor
Promoting the only phone on the ATT network with Super AMOLED +? What WERE they thinking?! *cough*

@Justintimeagain: how exactly is it "highly offensive?"
Promoting the only phone on the ATT network with Super AMOLED +? What WERE they thinking?! *cough*

@Justintimeagain: how exactly is it "highly offensive?"

24 of 25 (827 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 19, 2011 6:26:41 PM
(0)
Contributor

I just have to add my 2 cents!  This commercial just came on again... I either turn on the MUTE or change the channel every time this commercial comes on.  It has to be THE worst and THE most annoying commercial I have witnessed.  I would never purchase this phone just because of this disgusting commercial.  Save yourselves and take this disgusting and annoying commercial off the air NOW!  Thank you!  

I just have to add my 2 cents!  This commercial just came on again... I either turn on the MUTE or change the channel every time this commercial comes on.  It has to be THE worst and THE most annoying commercial I have witnessed.  I would never purchase this phone just because of this disgusting commercial.  Save yourselves and take this disgusting and annoying commercial off the air NOW!  Thank you!  

25 of 25 (770 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments