New Samsung Infuse Commercial - what WERE you thinking ATT?

Contributor

New Samsung Infuse Commercial - what WERE you thinking ATT?

I'm directing this post specifically to ATT's marketing group: what WERE you thinking when you created the recent commercial for Samsung Infuse with the spider and the woman screaming .. then her table partners beating the phone because the image looked so realistic? That is the tackiest MOST obnoxious commercial I've ever seen. When it comes on, I immediately change channels - it irritates the psyche and makes me remember this phone but for all the wrong reasons. I wouldn't buy this phone on a bet because of your rediculous and VERY lame attempt at advertising.  There are too many quality phones out there to limit myself to Samsung and there are marketing groups who take seriously the intelligence and taste of their customer. You are insulting your customer base with this ad.  If I were you, I would remove it from TV airing .. today. Its sick and annoying .. yes, very annoying.   http://youtu.be/mcr2uWkJkzI Check it out and tell me I'm wrong .. NOT!

A former ATT / Samsung customer

Joss

Message 1 of 25

Re: New Samsung Infuse Commercial - what WERE you thinking ATT?

Ehh, I thought it was kind of funny.  To each their own.

Message 2 of 25
Scholar

Why would I want a phone that makes people want to destroy it? Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 25
Mentor

If the phone locks up, vibrates a few times and reboots one more tine, I'll be hitting it. Love the phone bur the Stock browser and occasionally the gallery will kill my phone for 5 minutes..wife's phone too!
Message 4 of 25
Master

Man, her chair went flying... Although I've never seen it on T.V. that commercial is pretty annoying. I hate the advertiser guy's voice at the end, too, but the phone itself looks very cool. Especially with that turantula. Smiley Wink

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 5 of 25
Contributor

I know what you mean. My son cant be in the room cause that ladies stupid screaming scares him. Its a very frustrating commercial. IT NEEDS TO BE REMOVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 6 of 25
Contributor

That is one of the stupidest, most annoying commercials I've seen in a LONG time.

Message 7 of 25
Contributor

Me and everyone I know hate hate hate this annoying commercial!!! It has gotten to where I have to furiously search for the remote so I can change the channel in order to avoid it. This is the first time in my 30 years that I have ever felt the need to do so. I am so continuously outraged that it is still playing, and so often, that I REFUSE to ever buy an ATT phone ever. In what reality do you think that annoying potential customers makes them want to buy from you? Do yourself a favor and fire the dunce who thought this commercial was going to sell you more phones.
Message 8 of 25
Contributor

I hate this commercial with a burning passion. Everytime it comes on i scramble for the remote and hit the mute button. This commercial makes me very angry. I cringe when i first hear the scream. I normally don't like registering for random things but i really needed to voice how awful this commercial is. It took me a while to actually tell what the commercial was about because the it annoyed me so much. Now i'm making a negative assocciation; if i ever get that phone i would think of nothing but screaming. In fact, at the moment i'm making a point to never buy that phone. If the simple fact that the commercial is annoying doesn't get it pulled, how about the fact that the commercial is offensive to women. The girl is the one that screams like a maniac when she sees the spider. I guess i would hate the commercial less if it was the guy who was screaming; then it would be a wee bit funny.

Message 9 of 25
Highlighted

Anyone notice that post 1, 7, 8 & 9 only have ONE post on this forum?  Drive by posters

Message 10 of 25
Master

I was going to say the same thing. Or something alike.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 11 of 25
Contributor

Drive by poster here. yup this is my first and only post. that commercial is soo d@m annoying that people like me took the time to register just to express how extremely annoyed we are by this terrible commercial. Me and just about everyone i know hit the mute button at the first sign of this commercial. The thread title says it all. what the eff were you thinking AT&T?

Message 12 of 25
Guru

I can't believe people get so easily annoyed, or annoyed with a tv commercial.
@sasha... It may be the woman screaming, but it's the man beating a PHONE, with his SHOE.

It's a goofy commercial, true. But I wanted to see what this "lifelike" screen looked like in real life... Ended up buying one.
Message 13 of 25
Contributor

I too hate this commercial. I've never written about any commercial ever but I get so aggravated. The screaming is very annoying. My entire family rushes for the mute button everytime it comes on ! I would never buy this product. Why would any one choose this as a marketing tool??

Message 14 of 25
Contributor

I get it. Nowadays many of us are so stressed that we forget to fully exercise all of our options; one of which is to watch tv channels that advertise less. This blog isn't big enough to complain about all the offensive stuff I see on tv [which by the way, others may love]. I was actually considering another phone, but this ad encouraged me to ignore the hype and check the specs; sorry, I think I will get one next week.
Message 15 of 25
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support