Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 12, 2011
7:32:56 PM
View profile
New Plan Needed
You really need to create a new plan that costs less. I have trouble paying $94/mo. and I don't use but 1/2 of my plan. Why can't we have a 1GB data plan & 250 minutes?
You really need to create a new plan that costs less. I have trouble paying $94/mo. and I don't use but 1/2 of my plan. Why can't we have a 1GB data plan & 250 minutes?

New Plan Needed

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2011 8:40:32 PM
(0)
Mentor

Use the 200MB plan, and control your data usage. Also, subscribe to Google Voice, and send text via data, and remove your messaging service. Done.

Having a cell phone is a privilege, and not a right. If you can't afford it, learn to shave costs (like above) by controlling your usage, or don't have one at all.

Use the 200MB plan, and control your data usage. Also, subscribe to Google Voice, and send text via data, and remove your messaging service. Done.

Having a cell phone is a privilege, and not a right. If you can't afford it, learn to shave costs (like above) by controlling your usage, or don't have one at all.

Re: New Plan Needed

2 of 5 (199 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2011 11:59:49 AM
(0)
Scholar

I'm baffled as to why you would respond so rudely to the OP when you had nearly the same issue yesterday in this thread:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Billing/Why-no-2GB-option-for-data/td-p/2761723

Printerscape wrote:

200mb, as it turns out, is a little too small, so going to upgrade to 2GB.

For the iPhone, it was simple. The option was there, and I had the option of "rollback" from the beginning of the month, or effective immediately. I chose "effective immediately", since the iPhone line is still only at ~180mb/200mb (no overage).

For the HTC Inspire, there is no option. The only option is the 200mb:

Why is this? I know there is 2GB/4GB option, since those options were available to me when I first started the order process for this family plan. Must I call to get this change?

Why don't you heed your own words and "Use the 200MB plan, and control your data usage"?

I'm baffled as to why you would respond so rudely to the OP when you had nearly the same issue yesterday in this thread:

Printerscape wrote:

For the iPhone, it was simple. The option was there, and I had the option of "rollback" from the beginning of the month, or effective immediately. I chose "effective immediately", since the iPhone line is still only at ~180mb/200mb (no overage).

Why is this? I know there is 2GB/4GB option, since those options were available to me when I first started the order process for this family plan. Must I call to get this change?

Why don't you heed your own words and "Use the 200MB plan, and control your data usage"?

3 of 5 (183 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2011 12:17:12 PM
(0)
Professor

seajohn wrote:

Printerscape wrote:

That is not even close to being the same issue. Printerscape is wanting to go to the larger plan and pay, but the option was not present in OLAM, when it should be. He was not complaining about the plans or the cost, just that the option to change online is missing. I have the same issue with my wife's line. The option to go to a smaller plan is not there, nor is the tethering plan. This is a technical glitch, which I believe is due to the ongoing upgrades to OLAM. 

seajohn wrote:

Printerscape wrote:

That is not even close to being the same issue. Printerscape is wanting to go to the larger plan and pay, but the option was not present in OLAM, when it should be. He was not complaining about the plans or the cost, just that the option to change online is missing. I have the same issue with my wife's line. The option to go to a smaller plan is not there, nor is the tethering plan. This is a technical glitch, which I believe is due to the ongoing upgrades to OLAM. 

4 of 5 (179 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2011 8:41:25 PM
(0)
Mentor

sitnsidewayz wrote:

seajohn wrote:

Printerscape wrote:

^ That.

Thank you for answering for me =).

sitnsidewayz wrote:

seajohn wrote:

Printerscape wrote:

^ That.

Thank you for answering for me =).

5 of 5 (168 Views)