New Microcell works great with iPhone 4s except...

Highlighted
Scholar

New Microcell works great with iPhone 4s except...

When it said "searching" for 4 hours straight and the only fix was to restore from iTunes.  Anyone else experieince this yet?

Message 1 of 4
Mentor

Re: New Microcell works great with iPhone 4s except...

im starting to see this today, the iphone 4 running ios 5 is stuck on searching. i unplugged and pluged back the microcell and i rebooted the iphone and it works again but only to go back to searching in an hour or so. i did the reload from itunes, same old one hour or so time period elapsed and it was stuck on searching. i don't think i am missing any calls, because i don't use my cell much. but i did make a test call on "searching", and it connected to the microcell in  5 seconds and i was able to make a call out

Message 2 of 4
Mentor

For the iPhone 4S try this:

Settings->General->Reset->Reset Network Settings

This cured my iPhone 4S / 3G Microcell woes.

YMMV

Message 3 of 4
Guru

I've been seeing odd things where I have "m-cell" but 0 bars.  If I place a call it goes back to 5 bars and works fine.  Sometimes it'll go to searching for a while and then come back.  I power cycled my m-cell a few times and did general>reset>reset network settings on the phone several times.  Neither helped.

So I rebooted my cable modem, then my router, then the microcell.  So far I have had no problems.  Maybe just coincidence.

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support