Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 25, 2011
9:29:27 PM
View profile
New Iphone 4S Echo

When I am on the phone, the wireless headset on my new 4S is causing an echo that the other person hears.  It is unbearable.  very loud and echos what the person said.  I hear some scratchy sounds on my end just when it starts happening.

it can happen at anytime in the conversation.  sometimes it doesn't happen.

I have used my older apple earbuds and it still happens.

i have reset the phone.  

this bug has made the phone unuseable as a phone!!!!!

the problem will clear up for awhile if I press and unpress the speaker phone

There are more than 60 postings on the apple boards.  many people have tired new phones to no avail.

AT &T PLEASE HELP!

When I am on the phone, the wireless headset on my new 4S is causing an echo that the other person hears.  It is unbearable.  very loud and echos what the person said.  I hear some scratchy sounds on my end just when it starts happening.

i have reset the phone.  

There are more than 60 postings on the apple boards.  many people have tired new phones to no avail.

AT &T PLEASE HELP!

New Iphone 4S Echo

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2011 6:30:32 AM
(0)
Guru
This is a customer to customer forum and no one from AT&T will respond. Have you tried doing a search for help? This sounds more like a hardware issue so AT&T couldn't help you anyway. If you can't find any helpful answers here or on the Apple forums then I would suggest making an appointment with your local Apple genius bar so they can check out the device.  

dianela wrote:

i have reset the phone.  

AT &T PLEASE HELP!

This is a customer to customer forum and no one from AT&T will respond. Have you tried doing a search for help? This sounds more like a hardware issue so AT&T couldn't help you anyway. If you can't find any helpful answers here or on the Apple forums then I would suggest making an appointment with your local Apple genius bar so they can check out the device.  

dianela wrote:

i have reset the phone.  

AT &T PLEASE HELP!

Re: New Iphone 4S Echo

2 of 4 (1,557 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2011 9:03:42 AM
(0)
Former Employee

Agree with brainwaver, this is definitely an iphone problem. Read this thread, you'll see the problem is being reported by 4s users on multiple carriers: https://discussions.apple.com/message/16427038#16427038.

brainwaver wrote:

dianela wrote:

i have reset the phone.  

AT &T PLEASE HELP!

Agree with brainwaver, this is definitely an iphone problem. Read this thread, you'll see the problem is being reported by 4s users on multiple carriers: https://discussions.apple.com/message/16427038#16427038.

brainwaver wrote:

dianela wrote:

i have reset the phone.  

AT &T PLEASE HELP!

3 of 4 (1,532 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2011 9:28:39 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

dianela wrote:

i have reset the phone.  

AT &T PLEASE HELP!

Hi there - as some of our community members have indicated, this is definitely a hardware issue. I recommend that you contact Apple (see if you can make an appt. at a Genius Bar) as soon as possible. 

Best of luck! Please let us know how this turns out for you. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

dianela wrote:

i have reset the phone.  

AT &T PLEASE HELP!

Hi there - as some of our community members have indicated, this is definitely a hardware issue. I recommend that you contact Apple (see if you can make an appt. at a Genius Bar) as soon as possible. 

Best of luck! Please let us know how this turns out for you. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (1,525 Views)