New Iphone 4S Echo

Contributor

New Iphone 4S Echo

When I am on the phone, the wireless headset on my new 4S is causing an echo that the other person hears.  It is unbearable.  very loud and echos what the person said.  I hear some scratchy sounds on my end just when it starts happening.

it can happen at anytime in the conversation.  sometimes it doesn't happen.

I have used my older apple earbuds and it still happens.

i have reset the phone.  

this bug has made the phone unuseable as a phone!!!!!

the problem will clear up for awhile if I press and unpress the speaker phone

There are more than 60 postings on the apple boards.  many people have tired new phones to no avail.

AT &T PLEASE HELP!

Message 1 of 4
Highlighted

Re: New Iphone 4S Echo

This is a customer to customer forum and no one from AT&T will respond. Have you tried doing a search for help? This sounds more like a hardware issue so AT&T couldn't help you anyway. If you can't find any helpful answers here or on the Apple forums then I would suggest making an appointment with your local Apple genius bar so they can check out the device.  

dianela wrote:

When I am on the phone, the wireless headset on my new 4S is causing an echo that the other person hears.  It is unbearable.  very loud and echos what the person said.  I hear some scratchy sounds on my end just when it starts happening.

i have reset the phone.  

There are more than 60 postings on the apple boards.  many people have tired new phones to no avail.

AT &T PLEASE HELP!

Message 2 of 4
ACE - Expert

Agree with brainwaver, this is definitely an iphone problem. Read this thread, you'll see the problem is being reported by 4s users on multiple carriers: https://discussions.apple.com/message/16427038#16427038.

brainwaver wrote:
This is a customer to customer forum and no one from AT&T will respond. Have you tried doing a search for help? This sounds more like a hardware issue so AT&T couldn't help you anyway. If you can't find any helpful answers here or on the Apple forums then I would suggest making an appointment with your local Apple genius bar so they can check out the device.  

dianela wrote:

i have reset the phone.  

AT &T PLEASE HELP!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4
Former Community Manager

dianela wrote:

i have reset the phone.  

AT &T PLEASE HELP!

Hi there - as some of our community members have indicated, this is definitely a hardware issue. I recommend that you contact Apple (see if you can make an appt. at a Genius Bar) as soon as possible. 

Best of luck! Please let us know how this turns out for you. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support