New HTC Inspire just froze and now won't turn on...blank, black screen...nothing

Tutor

New HTC Inspire just froze and now won't turn on...blank, black screen...nothing

I tried closing Pandora and it wouldn't respond and I had to "force close".  It did some buzzing and I finally got the phone to turn off and now nothing.  It won't turn on!  My phone is 4 days old!!!!  Any suggestions??

Message 1 of 8 (13,408 Views)

Re: New HTC Inspire just froze and now won't turn on...blank, black screen...nothing

Thats why my inspire is on ebay right now i moved to windows phone 7 its way smother android has more apps but i like not having my phone jacked all the time. i say got xda forums you might get some help there faster than here.
Message 2 of 8 (13,407 Views)
Tutor

Re: New HTC Inspire just froze and now won't turn on...blank, black screen...nothing

Thanks...not what I wanted to hear though!!   I'll be at the AT&T store to meet and greet and growl when they open tomorrow am!!

Message 3 of 8 (13,402 Views)
Employee

Pulled the battery out and put back in rite?

They will exchange out for u no prob.

I really don't see many ppl come back w hardware problems w this phone..u jus got lucky and got bad apple.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 8 (13,389 Views)
Scholar

Have you tried a battery pull. My inspire has frozen a few times but when I shut it down, it does come back on. You may just need to return it. I'm sure it won't happen a second time. I love my Inspire.

Message 5 of 8 (13,343 Views)
Professor

+1 on the battery pull.  If pulling the battery, then replacing allows you to reboot, exchange the phone for a replacement, and you should be good to go.  This is a known hardware defect with some HTC phones, it has nothing to do with the Android OS.

Message 6 of 8 (13,326 Views)
Contributor

I pulled my battery plenty of times and its still freezes up then turns to the black blank screen after bout 2 mins...UGH!

Message 7 of 8 (12,966 Views)
Professor

LavanSoKool wrote:

I pulled my battery plenty of times and its still freezes up then turns to the black blank screen after bout 2 mins...UGH!

If the problem is persistant (and it sounds like it is) exchange the phone (if less than 30 days old) or send it for repair.  This sounds like a hardware defect.

Message 8 of 8 (12,961 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.