New HTC Inspire just froze and now won't turn on...blank, black screen...nothing

Tutor

New HTC Inspire just froze and now won't turn on...blank, black screen...nothing

I tried closing Pandora and it wouldn't respond and I had to "force close".  It did some buzzing and I finally got the phone to turn off and now nothing.  It won't turn on!  My phone is 4 days old!!!!  Any suggestions??

Message 1 of 8

Re: New HTC Inspire just froze and now won't turn on...blank, black screen...nothing

Thats why my inspire is on ebay right now i moved to windows phone 7 its way smother android has more apps but i like not having my phone jacked all the time. i say got xda forums you might get some help there faster than here.
Message 2 of 8
Tutor

Re: New HTC Inspire just froze and now won't turn on...blank, black screen...nothing

Thanks...not what I wanted to hear though!!   I'll be at the AT&T store to meet and greet and growl when they open tomorrow am!!

Message 3 of 8
Employee

Pulled the battery out and put back in rite?

They will exchange out for u no prob.

I really don't see many ppl come back w hardware problems w this phone..u jus got lucky and got bad apple.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 8
Scholar

Have you tried a battery pull. My inspire has frozen a few times but when I shut it down, it does come back on. You may just need to return it. I'm sure it won't happen a second time. I love my Inspire.

Message 5 of 8
Professor

+1 on the battery pull.  If pulling the battery, then replacing allows you to reboot, exchange the phone for a replacement, and you should be good to go.  This is a known hardware defect with some HTC phones, it has nothing to do with the Android OS.

Message 6 of 8
Contributor

I pulled my battery plenty of times and its still freezes up then turns to the black blank screen after bout 2 mins...UGH!

Message 7 of 8
Highlighted
Professor

LavanSoKool wrote:

I pulled my battery plenty of times and its still freezes up then turns to the black blank screen after bout 2 mins...UGH!

If the problem is persistant (and it sounds like it is) exchange the phone (if less than 30 days old) or send it for repair.  This sounds like a hardware defect.

Message 8 of 8
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support