New Customer...FlipSide...Motoblur...HELP!!!

New Customer...FlipSide...Motoblur...HELP!!!

So I just got my Flipside and the first thing it wants me to do is set-up a motoblur account or something...well I type in my name, e-mail and password and then when it goes to set-up my account i get an error message after a few seconds saying, "Error creating account. The request timed out waiting for a response. The account may have been incorrectly created."

What is going on and how do I fix it???? I have 3 -4 bars of connectivity and max wireless btw...any help would be great since right now at this point I am pretty much regretting switching from Verizon...

Message 1 of 6 (942 Views)
Professor

Re: New Customer...FlipSide...Motoblur...HELP!!!

destinysshadow wrote:

So I just got my Flipside and the first thing it wants me to do is set-up a motoblur account or something...well I type in my name, e-mail and password and then when it goes to set-up my account i get an error message after a few seconds saying, "Error creating account. The request timed out waiting for a response. The account may have been incorrectly created."

What is going on and how do I fix it???? I have 3 -4 bars of connectivity and max wireless btw...any help would be great since right now at this point I am pretty much regretting switching from Verizon...

Do you have access to a PC? Set up your account on the PC and then you just have to log in with your phone.

Message 2 of 6 (928 Views)

I tried that as well and it kept giving me the time out message on both doing the sign in and create new. I even had wireless on...though once i turned it off the bar moved MUCH slower but eventually did sign on....weird. But yet the market place wont load or open and it wont sync to my gmail or anything. I am calling up ATT later to get a new phone that doesn't suck.

Message 3 of 6 (919 Views)
Professor

destinysshadow wrote:

I tried that as well and it kept giving me the time out message on both doing the sign in and create new. I even had wireless on...though once i turned it off the bar moved MUCH slower but eventually did sign on....weird. But yet the market place wont load or open and it wont sync to my gmail or anything. I am calling up ATT later to get a new phone that doesn't suck.

If it is a server issue, then that would be on Motorola's side. You won't be able to access the market until you setup a Gmail account that the phone recognizes and has been synced. The phone is a bit of a cheesy phone. I had to do a hard reset with my daughters just to get it to work right. If you are not dead set on having the slideout keyboard and want something inexpensive, I would recommend the Bravo. It is upgradeable to Froyo and is a much snappier and trouble free device.

Message 4 of 6 (912 Views)

I'd get a new different phn. I have the flipside and I have had nothing but problems with it and I have only had it for 5 months.
Message 5 of 6 (571 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

It's been 8 months now with this phone and I'm not a fan. Wish I had returned it in my first 30 days. Bad enough living with Android 2.1 that won't let me install apps to the SDHC. And the main memory is loaded down with AT&T crap you can't easily removed.

Now the phone won't recognize either the original 2 GB SDHC card *or* the new 16 GB SDHC card.

Be warned!
Message 6 of 6 (567 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support