New Android Qwerty Keyboard Phones??

Contributor

New Android Qwerty Keyboard Phones??

Does anyone know of a future highend AT&T Android phone that is going to have a physical qwerty keyboard. I dont want the low end Motorola phones either I want a highend Android phone I currently have the Captivate but I cant stand the on screen virtual keyboard. T-Mobile & Verizon both have plenty but not AT&T what gives ....?? If anyone has read anything or seen anything on the horizion I would love to hear about it (Im not interested in a iphone or Windows phone either). Thanks .....

Message 1 of 5 (3,494 Views)
Professor

Re: New Android Qwerty Keyboard Phones??

davsonamission wrote:

Does anyone know of a future highend AT&T Android phone that is going to have a physical qwerty keyboard. I dont want the low end Motorola phones either I want a highend Android phone I currently have the Captivate but I cant stand the on screen virtual keyboard. T-Mobile & Verizon both have plenty but not AT&T what gives ....?? If anyone has read anything or seen anything on the horizion I would love to hear about it (Im not interested in a iphone or Windows phone either). Thanks .....

I hear you regarding wanting a Qwerty full keyboard, I've been holding out as long as i could to see if ATT would roll out an android with a physical board, but i went ahead and got the Dell STreak (virutal key board but surprisingly nice).  Theres also a 25$ bluetooth keyboard that can be ordered via ebay that many are raving about.  the keyboard is also adapted to  be used on ps3 units.

Hey, theres a section here for android discussions if you care to check it out and comment or start your own strings... not much android support on tis forum, a lot of us have moved on... (androidforums.com; mydellmini.com; xda developes has a great forum for all phones , much more activity than here).

http://forums.att.com/t5/Android-Community-Discussion/bd-p/Android

Message 2 of 5 (3,427 Views)
Contributor

ok so can anyone tell me what bluetooth keyboard is best, how well it works, and pricing etc...if i have to go this route i will ...

Message 3 of 5 (3,382 Views)
Tutor

The buys for AT&T needs the crap bet out of her, fire that teenage dingbat and hire an adult  to purchase their phones.

The closest thing AT&T has is the Motorola Charm.  At best reviews give it a half a start.  It's an android phone for the junior highgirl but it's the only thing out there that come close to what I want. 

When I lost my Motorola Q9h I settled for the Motorola Backslider...flipslide or something.  I know I HATE touch pads and I try this slider.  I looks like a moto version of the Samsung my wife has. same dimensions.  After about 3 weeks, I ordered another Q9h from Amazon. 

I love the Android operating system.  We have a Samsung tablet, and I love it.  But this Motorola phone is a piece of crap.  The best thing it's good for is reading the internet while sitting on the toliet. 

AT&T, if your listening, give us something like the Q9h with a big big screen.  Here's a hint what the consumer wants. 

1.  We hate touch screen keyboards.  I don't know if it's a dumb anorexic woman who buys these phones, but me have larger fingers and touch screens are a  huge anoyance. 

2.  We hate sliders and horizontal keyboards.

3.  Give us something we can hold and type in one hand.

4.  Vertical height does not matter.  Give us a bigazz screen.

5.  Battery Battery Battery....We want a think phone with a big big battery that will last forever.  Bring back the booty pack!  That's one great thing about the Q9h.  You had an oversized battery and I loved it!

6.  Keep the phone narrow enough to hold it in one hand and type.  Sliders suck.  I don't want to have to use two hands to operate the cell phone. 

I'd buy a Droid Pro in a minute if it would work on ATT.  To be simple,  I what a phone as wide as the 9Qh with a screen twice as tall and an android operating system with a battery larger than the 90.

Like I say, the buyer for AT&T doesn't have a clue what the needs are for real people who work for a living.  They really need to pull their heads out of the Twitter and Facebook rearend! 

Message 4 of 5 (2,961 Views)
Professor

You should post over on att's official Facebook Wall. You may get someones feedback. My personal guess is we will see new phones that are currently in tmos catalog. But by then, they wont be so new.

Oh yes, LOVE Android over any other os. You ever toy with a Streak or the Captivate? I know you can get a small bluetooth keypad to go with them, much easier to type with. I never wanted the backflip . Too small for me.
Message 5 of 5 (2,953 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.