New AT&T Messaging app for Android

Mentor

New AT&T Messaging app for Android

I am just trying it right now.  It seems a lot like Google Voice.  Look for it on the Android Market. 

Message 1 of 10 (4,177 Views)
Scholar

Re: New AT&T Messaging app for Android

Cost?

Message 2 of 10 (4,144 Views)
Mentor

It is free to download the app.  Data  and messaging charges may apply according to your rate plan.

Message 3 of 10 (4,132 Views)

I downloaded it last night on my Infuse.  I like it, just that when I'm trying to scroll down, it automatically goes back to the top and when I try to edit like deleting some messages by opening up the menu, it goes away.  the only time the menu stays open is when I open up the message.  Are you having the same issue?

Message 4 of 10 (4,100 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

HawaiiWarrior87 wrote:

I downloaded it last night on my Infuse.  I like it, just that when I'm trying to scroll down, it automatically goes back to the top and when I try to edit like deleting some messages by opening up the menu, it goes away.  the only time the menu stays open is when I open up the message.  Are you having the same issue?

Whats the actual name of this messaging app? I'd like to give it a try.  Not sure if you are interested in hearing what othesr android apps some have reviewed and suggested , but if you are, go check out 'Which Apps Do You have" folder.

basically android apps .

K I N G  OF  ALL THINGS ANDROID!

Message 5 of 10 (4,091 Views)
Master

I think this is the app. However I would suggest completely reading the description before installing. A quick skim through brought up a few flags for me as it affects more than your messages. https://market.android.com/details?id=com.att.android.mobile.attmessages&feature=search_result
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 10 (4,086 Views)
Professor

Ann154 wrote:
I think this is the app. However I would suggest completely reading the description before installing. A quick skim through brought up a few flags for me as it affects more than your messages. https://market.android.com/details?id=com.att.android.mobile.attmessages&feature=search_result

Thanks Ann(droid154). Funny you mentioned that.   I downloaded an app sometime back to check it out (to find out it was about to foward a message to the develper or whomever .. literally set up a message and ready to send) removed the mess and and uninstalled.

Not saying this is the case but im going to go give it a read-over!

Message 7 of 10 (4,084 Views)
Tutor

I installed it and it looks good - sort of like google voice.   But voice mails don't show up and it messed up my normal voice mail - now I have to enter the pin to get VM the old way.

Not sure what is going on with it.   Might try uninstalling and trying again.  

Message 8 of 10 (3,952 Views)
Professor

Looks like, with that app, your messages are stored in the "cloud enviroenment" , so, does that mean you can recall a deleted message from this cloud storage should you mistakenly delete a message from your phone?
Message 9 of 10 (3,948 Views)
Contributor

REALLY BIG QUESTION.

I recently added this application to my phone, & it ended up being crap. & then it changed my voice mail to always saying, "WELCOME TO AT&T MESSAGING" I don't want that! I want the old basic one! Is there somewhere to un-subscribe it from? I tried going to messaging.att.net but the site is DOWN! Please help! I don't want my bill to go high or anything. Money crisis here. Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 10 (3,880 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.