Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 30, 2011
4:40:00 PM
View profile
New AT&T Messaging app for Android

I am just trying it right now.  It seems a lot like Google Voice.  Look for it on the Android Market. 

I am just trying it right now.  It seems a lot like Google Voice.  Look for it on the Android Market. 

New AT&T Messaging app for Android

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2011 7:25:03 PM
(0)
Scholar

Cost?

Cost?

Re: New AT&T Messaging app for Android

2 of 10 (3,967 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2011 7:56:13 AM
(0)
Mentor

It is free to download the app.  Data  and messaging charges may apply according to your rate plan.

It is free to download the app.  Data  and messaging charges may apply according to your rate plan.

3 of 10 (3,955 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 1:27:25 PM
(0)
Tutor

I downloaded it last night on my Infuse.  I like it, just that when I'm trying to scroll down, it automatically goes back to the top and when I try to edit like deleting some messages by opening up the menu, it goes away.  the only time the menu stays open is when I open up the message.  Are you having the same issue?

I downloaded it last night on my Infuse.  I like it, just that when I'm trying to scroll down, it automatically goes back to the top and when I try to edit like deleting some messages by opening up the menu, it goes away.  the only time the menu stays open is when I open up the message.  Are you having the same issue?

4 of 10 (3,923 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2011 5:57:59 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by RicoLX on Oct 8, 2011 at 5:58:49 AM

HawaiiWarrior87 wrote:

Whats the actual name of this messaging app? I'd like to give it a try.  Not sure if you are interested in hearing what othesr android apps some have reviewed and suggested , but if you are, go check out 'Which Apps Do You have" folder.

basically android apps .

K I N G  OF  ALL THINGS ANDROID!

HawaiiWarrior87 wrote:

Whats the actual name of this messaging app? I'd like to give it a try.  Not sure if you are interested in hearing what othesr android apps some have reviewed and suggested , but if you are, go check out 'Which Apps Do You have" folder.

basically android apps .

K I N G  OF  ALL THINGS ANDROID!

Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

[ Edited ]
5 of 10 (3,914 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2011 6:28:50 AM
(0)
Master
I think this is the app. However I would suggest completely reading the description before installing. A quick skim through brought up a few flags for me as it affects more than your messages. https://market.android.com/details?id=com.att.android.mobile.attmessages&feature=search_result
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
I think this is the app. However I would suggest completely reading the description before installing. A quick skim through brought up a few flags for me as it affects more than your messages. https://market.android.com/details?id=com.att.android.mobile.attmessages&feature=search_result
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

6 of 10 (3,909 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2011 6:35:37 AM
(0)
Professor

Ann154 wrote:

Thanks Ann(droid154). Funny you mentioned that.   I downloaded an app sometime back to check it out (to find out it was about to foward a message to the develper or whomever .. literally set up a message and ready to send) removed the mess and and uninstalled.

Not saying this is the case but im going to go give it a read-over!

Ann154 wrote:

Thanks Ann(droid154). Funny you mentioned that.   I downloaded an app sometime back to check it out (to find out it was about to foward a message to the develper or whomever .. literally set up a message and ready to send) removed the mess and and uninstalled.

Not saying this is the case but im going to go give it a read-over!

7 of 10 (3,907 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2011 2:44:56 PM
(0)
Tutor

I installed it and it looks good - sort of like google voice.   But voice mails don't show up and it messed up my normal voice mail - now I have to enter the pin to get VM the old way.

Not sure what is going on with it.   Might try uninstalling and trying again.  

I installed it and it looks good - sort of like google voice.   But voice mails don't show up and it messed up my normal voice mail - now I have to enter the pin to get VM the old way.

Not sure what is going on with it.   Might try uninstalling and trying again.  

8 of 10 (3,775 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2011 2:58:39 PM
(0)
Professor
Looks like, with that app, your messages are stored in the "cloud enviroenment" , so, does that mean you can recall a deleted message from this cloud storage should you mistakenly delete a message from your phone?
Looks like, with that app, your messages are stored in the "cloud enviroenment" , so, does that mean you can recall a deleted message from this cloud storage should you mistakenly delete a message from your phone?

9 of 10 (3,771 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 23, 2011 8:42:29 PM
(0)
Contributor

REALLY BIG QUESTION.

I recently added this application to my phone, & it ended up being crap. & then it changed my voice mail to always saying, "WELCOME TO AT&T MESSAGING" I don't want that! I want the old basic one! Is there somewhere to un-subscribe it from? I tried going to messaging.att.net but the site is DOWN! Please help! I don't want my bill to go high or anything. Money crisis here. Smiley Sad

REALLY BIG QUESTION.

I recently added this application to my phone, & it ended up being crap. & then it changed my voice mail to always saying, "WELCOME TO AT&T MESSAGING" I don't want that! I want the old basic one! Is there somewhere to un-subscribe it from? I tried going to messaging.att.net but the site is DOWN! Please help! I don't want my bill to go high or anything. Money crisis here. Smiley Sad

10 of 10 (3,703 Views)