New AT&T Messaging app for Android

Mentor

New AT&T Messaging app for Android

I am just trying it right now.  It seems a lot like Google Voice.  Look for it on the Android Market. 

Message 1 of 10
Scholar

Re: New AT&T Messaging app for Android

Cost?

Message 2 of 10
Highlighted
Mentor

It is free to download the app.  Data  and messaging charges may apply according to your rate plan.

Message 3 of 10

I downloaded it last night on my Infuse.  I like it, just that when I'm trying to scroll down, it automatically goes back to the top and when I try to edit like deleting some messages by opening up the menu, it goes away.  the only time the menu stays open is when I open up the message.  Are you having the same issue?

Message 4 of 10
Professor

HawaiiWarrior87 wrote:

I downloaded it last night on my Infuse.  I like it, just that when I'm trying to scroll down, it automatically goes back to the top and when I try to edit like deleting some messages by opening up the menu, it goes away.  the only time the menu stays open is when I open up the message.  Are you having the same issue?

Whats the actual name of this messaging app? I'd like to give it a try.  Not sure if you are interested in hearing what othesr android apps some have reviewed and suggested , but if you are, go check out 'Which Apps Do You have" folder.

basically android apps .

K I N G  OF  ALL THINGS ANDROID!

Message 5 of 10
Master

I think this is the app. However I would suggest completely reading the description before installing. A quick skim through brought up a few flags for me as it affects more than your messages. https://market.android.com/details?id=com.att.android.mobile.attmessages&feature=search_result
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 10
Professor

Ann154 wrote:
I think this is the app. However I would suggest completely reading the description before installing. A quick skim through brought up a few flags for me as it affects more than your messages. https://market.android.com/details?id=com.att.android.mobile.attmessages&feature=search_result

Thanks Ann(droid154). Funny you mentioned that.   I downloaded an app sometime back to check it out (to find out it was about to foward a message to the develper or whomever .. literally set up a message and ready to send) removed the mess and and uninstalled.

Not saying this is the case but im going to go give it a read-over!

Message 7 of 10
Tutor

I installed it and it looks good - sort of like google voice.   But voice mails don't show up and it messed up my normal voice mail - now I have to enter the pin to get VM the old way.

Not sure what is going on with it.   Might try uninstalling and trying again.  

Message 8 of 10
Professor

Looks like, with that app, your messages are stored in the "cloud enviroenment" , so, does that mean you can recall a deleted message from this cloud storage should you mistakenly delete a message from your phone?
Message 9 of 10
Contributor

REALLY BIG QUESTION.

I recently added this application to my phone, & it ended up being crap. & then it changed my voice mail to always saying, "WELCOME TO AT&T MESSAGING" I don't want that! I want the old basic one! Is there somewhere to un-subscribe it from? I tried going to messaging.att.net but the site is DOWN! Please help! I don't want my bill to go high or anything. Money crisis here. Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 10
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support