Netflix on new iPad

Highlighted
Teacher

Netflix on new iPad

So i just received the new iPad in the mail yayyyy . it's a 3G AT&T and it is my first iPad ever so I am really excited. I have a question regarding Netflix streaming. 

My friend sent me this Netflx promo to get like $10 from Netflix when signing up for a free trial  I was never a Netflix subscriber so I signed up but the only device that I can actually stream from is my iPad. If I watch Netflix on Wifi, I don't pay for data right? If I use my data plan over 3G, will it drain my plan and use up all my data? 

Sorry if it's a dumb question but I am a newbie !

{link removed per guidelines}

Message 1 of 6
Master

Re: Netflix on new iPad

If you watch the movie on wifi, you do not use your data plan.  Video uses lots of data so you do not want to watch a video via cellular data.  You will use up your plan pretty quickly.  a 2 hour move could be well over 1GB.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 2 of 6
Tutor

it's much better though when it's on a data plan, at least from my experienc 

Message 3 of 6
Professor

KissR wrote:

it's much better though when it's on a data plan, at least from my experienc 

I don't see how that could be unless you've got a really slow internet connection. My internet connection is 10 times faster than my 3G speed.

Message 4 of 6
Tutor

i tried activating the 4g on my new ipad and ended up using all the data within 7 mins of using netflix. WOMP!

Message 5 of 6

randyking02 wrote:

So i just received the new iPad in the mail yayyyy . it's a 3G AT&T and it is my first iPad ever so I am really excited. I have a question regarding Netflix streaming. 

My friend sent me this Netflx promo to get like $10 from Netflix when signing up for a free trial  I was never a Netflix subscriber so I signed up but the only device that I can actually stream from is my iPad. If I watch Netflix on Wifi, I don't pay for data right? If I use my data plan over 3G, will it drain my plan and use up all my data? 

Sorry if it's a dumb question but I am a newbie !

{link removed per guidelines}

It'll heavily count agaisnt your data plan when on 3G, it'll be free over Wi-Fi.

Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support