Need help with various apps on my cap tivate smartphone

Need help with various apps on my cap tivate smartphone

I recently acquired a Samsung Captivate AT&T smartphone.

I am slowly learning how to use it, but with the apps I have to proceed mostly by trial and error.

I would like detailed gu ides for the different apps.  In particular, I need help for the camera, navigator, and music apps?

For example, I can manage to take a picture with the camera, and then send it to myself by attaching it to an email.   But I'm having trouble zooming---one method that works is to spread my fingers on the screen---and I can't find out what the different options in the settings do.

With the music player, I would like to know how to save my position in what is playing and come back to it later.  (I use it to listen to mp3 audio books, so it is important to be able to keep my place.)

Message 1 of 5 (321 Views)
Master

Re: Need help with various apps on my cap tivate smartphone

Have you downloaded the full manual from either AT&T's website or from Samsung? It will go over the basics for most of the pre-installed applications. Also pressing the menu button while in the app will often give you more options or details.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 5 (312 Views)

I looked over the AT&T website several times, but I have difficulty finding what I want.

Could you give me  specific URLs to go to?

Message 3 of 5 (306 Views)
Master

Message 4 of 5 (303 Views)
Highlighted

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but while you are using the camera...the volume up and down act as your zoom in and out.

Message 5 of 5 (258 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.