Need help with my Galaxy S2; text message icon will not disappear even though I read message?

Highlighted
Contributor

Need help with my Galaxy S2; text message icon will not disappear even though I read message?

I have only been having this problem since last night, and have tried a lot of things from resetting the phone, to taking out battery, and I have looked through the settings probably a dozen times.

When I receive a text message, my "Messaging" icon at the bottom of the screen will display the number of new messages in bold and red color. Well, I go in and read the message, but even though I have, that number notification will NOT go away. It only goes away if I turn my phone off and back on... 

What is the deal with this? It has only been doing it since last night, and I have had the phone for a few months without it ever doing it before. Up until this time, when I have a new message, if I read it, the notification would instantly disappear.

Can anyone help me with this? I know it is not THAT big of a deal, but it is really annoying in my opinion.

Message 1 of 1 (348 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.