Need config help with Cisco 1840 router and 3G Microcell setup

Contributor

Need config help with Cisco 1840 router and 3G Microcell setup

I was given a 3G Microcell today by senior staff and told make this work. Our building has terrible AT&T cell signal and everyone used iPhones and constantly complain.  Plugged network cable directly into the Cisco 1840 router hwic switch port.  Router gives out DHCP.  

the router is connected to a docs3 comcast business class modem.  the comcast modem is set to do gateway pass through mode and has all the configurations set to off. It has a static ip address provided by comcast.

The Microcell is near a window and the power, internet and gps lights are all solid green.

the signal bar just stays flashing green after hours of being on.

I have unplugged the device power several times and waited awhile and then plugged it back in with the same results.

ATT support says that I am working in a business environment and they don't support that? Which means what?

They don't support businesses?  I was flabbergasted.

The support person was nice and tried to help but was just reading from the users guide, which I have already read several times.  I do computer and network support and this kind of support is laughable.

I can't directly connect the microcell to the comcast modem since it is not providing DHCP.

Since there is no way to direclty configure the microcell with a static ip address ( who's bright idea was that?)

I am left to connect it directly to the Cisco router switch port. 

I am using basic NAT and the ports that are recommeded to be open are showing as open.

The AT&T web site for the device shows the microcell status as having an activation error.

A text message says the device has a 302 error.   Support did not know what a 302 error meant.

This is a product made by Cisco but no clear documentation as to how to setup port settings in there own routers.

I would love to get this working so our staff can use thier cell phones in the building but now I am wondering if spending hours trying various configurations on the router is worth the headache.

thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 3
Employee

Re: Need config help with Cisco 1840 router and 3G Microcell setup

www.wireless.att.com/media/en_US/swf/3Gmicrocell/ATT3GMicroCell-Troubleshooting.pdf page 6 has settings for the router that might need to be set up.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: Need config help with Cisco 1840 router and 3G Microcell setup

I also was getting error 302.  That troubleshooting guide gave me directions on how to adjust my firewall on my router itself....success!

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support