Need URGENT Help: iPhone 2g Activation Issue

Contributor

Need URGENT Help: iPhone 2g Activation Issue

Folks,

I have a iphone 2 and was experiencing dropped/missed calls.  So, a couple of days ago went to AT&T store and got a new SIM card.  After putting the new sim card the lady was unable to activate my phone through iTunes.  She asked me to go see Apple.

After which I went to Apple store atleast 3 times and AT&T store another 2 to 3 times.  Nobody has been able to get this thing activated.  So, when the phone is conencted to the laptop, itunes is able to detect my phone.  But it does not take me to AT&T's activation page.  All I see is a white pane with "iPhone" written on it.  Apple says AT&T has stopped supporting 2g phones.  AT&T says it's an apple issue and they still support 2g.  And i have spent almost the entire week getting this thing resolved. 

I have tried this on both iTunes 9 and 10.

This is very poor customer service on AT&T's part.  If I had known about this, I would not have gotten a new SIM card.  Moreover, I don't want to buy an iPhone 4 now, now that 5 is coming out pretty soon. 

AT&T can you please tell me a fix/hack for my problem so that I can use my 2g until iPhone 5 comes out? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 6 (1,326 Views)
Employee

Re: Need URGENT Help: iPhone 2g Activation Issue

call at&t and ask to be transferred to the original iphone activation dept. yes, we have one and no one probably remembers/knows about it
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 6 (1,317 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

What number should I call?

Message 3 of 6 (1,314 Views)
Employee

i don't remember the dept's number so simply call 1-800-331-0500 and if they are still unable to activate or assist ask to be transferred to the original iphone activationg dept
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 6 (1,236 Views)
Contributor

I have been trying to activate my original iphone 2g as i lost my iphone 4 2 weeks ago. It's been over 24 hours and no one in AT&T or Apple has a clue how to activate my phone. I can't wait until my new phone to arrive. I gave up and I am so upset with AT&T's customer service at this point.

I wish I can get a direct number for someone who can just activate my phone. I have been out of phone since 10/10/2011 - Can anyone help me?
Message 5 of 6 (983 Views)
Contributor

I have same issue  -- I still can't get anyone who can transfer me to 'Original iPhone Activation Department' 

No one has clue what that is ...can anyone help please!!

Message 6 of 6 (979 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.