[1] UMTS

[1] DEBUG SCREEN

[6] PHONE CONTROL

[6] NETWORK LOCK

[4] RAT_FREE_SUPPORTING_ON

HAPATIC BUTTON>BACK

[7] NETWORK CONTROL

[2] BAND SELECTION

So this is when things went wierd. I switched to other LTE bands because I wanted to see if the phone work on Band 7. But now when i go back to Band 17 the signal up top turns to a circle with a line through it, for no service. my phone will only work on 4g mode, i cant get LTE to work on anything. I even tried hard and soft factory restore. Also using Kies and reloading the firmware. To no avail.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Message 1 of 10 (4,979 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Need Help Getting LTE working on Galaxy S4

Hello there!

Well first, make sure to set the phone back to automatic. Smiley Happy

Do you live in an area where AT&T offers LTE? if you live in a HSPA+ area and are trying to utilize LTE, it won't work since the towers aren't configured for LTE.

However I think the issue may lie in your current data plan. You need to make sure you have the "DataPro 3GB for LTE Smartphones" or the "DataPlus 300MB for LTE smartphones". If you so not have the current plan above, you need to call Customer Care and provide them with your phones IMEI number. Then and only then will you see LTE Smiley Happy

Hope that helps!
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 10 (4,931 Views)
Professor

Have you previously had LTE provisioned on your account?  If not, you need to have AT&T do that; or they might not have done it correctly when you purchased/upgraded the phone.  Call customer service, or pop into an AT&T store and have them check you account.  Also, you have to have the APN named "pta" enabled in Settings.

Message 3 of 10 (4,918 Views)

[ Edited ]

Yes I did have LTE for the first 3 days before I started playing with my phone. My Data is the 2GB plan for LTE Smartphones.

I only have 'ATT Phone' in APN.

When I do *#7284# phone is set as PDA

Message 4 of 10 (4,880 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Does it only happen inside a building or everywhere you go?

Again, if you live in an area where LTE isn't officially launched yet, then it can be that they are testing it in your area before making an official launch.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 10 (4,871 Views)
ACE - Expert

tony2tonez wrote:

Yes I did have LTE for the first 3 days before I started playing with my phone. My Data is the 2GB plan for LTE Smartphones.

I only have 'ATT Phone' in APN.

When I do *#7284# phone is set as PDA

If you can see the settings for that APN, is the APN field set to "pta" (no quotes)? If not, can you create a new APN and set it up as shown in screenshots here?

Message 6 of 10 (4,845 Views)

I live in queens. So I believe lte is rolled out here. I tried those apn setting to no avail. I also read they did away with the pta setting. And now its phone which is what I have. Im going to take it to att store. .
Message 7 of 10 (4,830 Views)

So I finally got LTE working agin on my phone. I am not 100% sure how I did it but I could offer some insight.

*#27663368378#

[1] umts

[1] debug screen

[6] phone control

[5] simulation

[1] modem assert (reset), i believe this was the point when i got it working

menu>back

[6] network lock

[4] rat free supporting on

menu>back

menu>back

[7] network control

[2] band selection

[4] lte band preference

[7] lte all

when i use to switch bands, i would not get service and have to switch to automatic setting on the previous menu. So i could get 4g. But this time i did not lose service. I turned off my wifi and sure enough i had 4g/lte again. I speedtest and sure enough i do. *#0011# and it shows band 17 again. Man am i happy now.

Message 8 of 10 (4,751 Views)
Contributor

I'm not happy because since update from AT&T recently the service code doesn't work! Very disgruntled and about to switch it to gophone for $80 for same 4gig on share plan I get and 4g instead of $125!!! If I can't use my lte because I have to force it into lte to use it which was ok until have to pull battery and SIM to 2263 it. I see why they would disable this because ppl getting in there with no business trying anything and jacks phone up costing someone in replacements but my area needs toggle! They are taking more and more from us and no one from AT&T knows ANYTHING about ANYTHING said I taught THEM! This forum may be where we shouldn't put the SAMSUNG codes that stayed same over a year with s3 until this update! Js, think I'll be letting them search xda themself! Ughh, if only I had CHOICE TO GO TO ANOTHER CARRIER!!
Message 9 of 10 (3,347 Views)
Tutor

When I follow these steps and I get to step 5 ( modem assert reset) I cannot back out of that page so I can complete rest of steps. Menu button, back does nothing. Any ideas?

*#27663368378#
[1] umts
[1] debug screen
[6] phone control
[5] simulation[1] modem assert (reset), i believe this was the point when i got it workingmenu>back
[6] network lock
[4] rat free supporting onmenu>backmenu>back
[7] network control
[2] band selection
[4] lte band preference
[7] lte all 

when i use to switch bands, i would not get service and have to switch to automatic setting on the previous menu. So i could get 4g. But this time i did not lose service. I turned off my wifi and sure enough i had 4g/lte again. I speedtest and sure enough i do. *#0011# and it shows band 17 again. Man am i happy now.
Message 10 of 10 (401 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.