Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Mar 7, 2008
12:50:19 PM
Need HELP on new AT&T air card!  The high speed 3G da...
Edited by California Condor on Mar 11, 2008 at 11:05:27 AM
Need HELP on new GT Ultra Express!  The high speed 3G data signal is a bit weaker than the slower 2G signal where I live.  My old AT&T data card (older AT&T software) allowed me to toggle between Auto, 2G or 3G  allowing me to receive the weaker but faster 3G signal.  Unfortunately, the new air card (newer AT&T software) does not offer this feature so it dials into the stronger but slower 2G!!!

You can press ctrl/shift/F9 to open advanced diagnostic tabs on the AT&T communication manager to view the command window.  I understand that AT_OPSYS=1 is the auto mode.  Anyone know the 3G mode so I can force it to 3G ??????

Thanks!

Update:  Signed on this AM and got 3G!!!  1400 bps down & 995 bps up speeds!  I'm 8 miles from the tower....go figure!

Message Edited by California Condor on 03-07-2008 01:15:09 PM

Message Edited by California Condor on 03-11-2008 11:05:27 AM
Need HELP on new GT Ultra Express!  The high speed 3G data signal is a bit weaker than the slower 2G signal where I live.  My old AT&T data card (older AT&T software) allowed me to toggle between Auto, 2G or 3G  allowing me to receive the weaker but faster 3G signal.  Unfortunately, the new air card (newer AT&T software) does not offer this feature so it dials into the stronger but slower 2G!!!

You can press ctrl/shift/F9 to open advanced diagnostic tabs on the AT&T communication manager to view the command window.  I understand that AT_OPSYS=1 is the auto mode.  Anyone know the 3G mode so I can force it to 3G ??????

Thanks!

Update:  Signed on this AM and got 3G!!!  1400 bps down & 995 bps up speeds!  I'm 8 miles from the tower....go figure!

Message Edited by California Condor on 03-07-2008 01:15:09 PM

Message Edited by California Condor on 03-11-2008 11:05:27 AM

Need HELP on new AT&T air card!  The high speed 3G da...

[ Edited ]
0 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too