Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 29, 2010
2:44:35 PM
View profile
NYC Data Speeds

Hello all,

I signed up with ATT in March with hesitation due to the bad things I have heard about dropped calls, etc in the NYC area.  Overall voice calls have been great, both in lack of dropped calls and sound quality.  My gripe is data.  I have an iPhone which I absolutely love and its the reason I came over to ATT.  But, the problem is from around Pm-Pm data is so slow or at times even unavailable (it drops the G indicator).   Before or after that time, I get great speed, around 1500-2000 on downloads.  During these peak times, I am lucky to get 200.

What have been your experiences in the NYC area?

Hello all,

I signed up with ATT in March with hesitation due to the bad things I have heard about dropped calls, etc in the NYC area.  Overall voice calls have been great, both in lack of dropped calls and sound quality.  My gripe is data.  I have an iPhone which I absolutely love and its the reason I came over to ATT.  But, the problem is from around Pm-Pm data is so slow or at times even unavailable (it drops the G indicator).   Before or after that time, I get great speed, around 1500-2000 on downloads.  During these peak times, I am lucky to get 200.

What have been your experiences in the NYC area?

NYC Data Speeds

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2010 7:36:59 AM
(0)
Scholar

Congestion, they need to add more capacity which i believe they are doing by adding a 3rd 3g channel.

Congestion, they need to add more capacity which i believe they are doing by adding a 3rd 3g channel.

Re: NYC Data Speeds

2 of 2 (123 Views)