Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 14, 2010
12:21:41 AM
NOT FAIR!
Edited by Glomag on Apr 14, 2010 at 5:41:26 AM

I added the data package on my phone on March 6 2010, and I never had it before. Now I dont want the data plan no more, and I tried to remove it, the customer rep told me that I can't remove, it's there for good. Im like how, nobody never told me that when I added it. He explain to me the whole thing about the Blackberry phone data plan policy change in SEPTEMBER and I told him that I was NEVER told that if I add the the DATA plan that I can not take it off. (THE REP CHRIS ) {personal info edited} He told me that AT&T automically put the data plan on all smart phones since September, so I CHRIS that I upgraded my phone in May, thats way before September, and I had no data plan because its way to expensive. So I explained to him, that I was never told about if I add the data package that I can not take it off and its NOT FAIR because the rep I spoke to before did not, I mean did not tell nothing what so ever. I promise on everything I love because I dont like to swear, I didnt kno nothing about the changes of the smart phones what so ever. Now, Im stuck with a data plan thats costing me way too much and I do not the data package no more because I barely use it. PLus I wont be able to pay for my bill because it's too high I want the data package off my phone because I had my blackberry last year before all these changes were being made and I had no data plan. CHRIS  {personal info edited} told me to file a complaint because I do not want to pay for the data plan. I dont understand why I should go out of my way to get a phone that is not a smart phone when I had a Blackberry since 2007 with no DATA PLAN and now Im they're forcing me to pay and have it and I can't afford. Thats not fair. Is this how you really treat a customer that has been with the company 9 years with all of the changes of companies from AT&T to Cingular and now back to AT&T. I just want the DATA PLAN to BE OFF MY BLACKBERRY. Thats all Im asking.... What can I do?

I added the data package on my phone on March 6 2010, and I never had it before. Now I dont want the data plan no more, and I tried to remove it, the customer rep told me that I can't remove, it's there for good. Im like how, nobody never told me that when I added it. He explain to me the whole thing about the Blackberry phone data plan policy change in SEPTEMBER and I told him that I was NEVER told that if I add the the DATA plan that I can not take it off. (THE REP CHRIS ) {personal info edited} He told me that AT&T automically put the data plan on all smart phones since September, so I CHRIS that I upgraded my phone in May, thats way before September, and I had no data plan because its way to expensive. So I explained to him, that I was never told about if I add the data package that I can not take it off and its NOT FAIR because the rep I spoke to before did not, I mean did not tell nothing what so ever. I promise on everything I love because I dont like to swear, I didnt kno nothing about the changes of the smart phones what so ever. Now, Im stuck with a data plan thats costing me way too much and I do not the data package no more because I barely use it. PLus I wont be able to pay for my bill because it's too high I want the data package off my phone because I had my blackberry last year before all these changes were being made and I had no data plan. CHRIS  {personal info edited} told me to file a complaint because I do not want to pay for the data plan. I dont understand why I should go out of my way to get a phone that is not a smart phone when I had a Blackberry since 2007 with no DATA PLAN and now Im they're forcing me to pay and have it and I can't afford. Thats not fair. Is this how you really treat a customer that has been with the company 9 years with all of the changes of companies from AT&T to Cingular and now back to AT&T. I just want the DATA PLAN to BE OFF MY BLACKBERRY. Thats all Im asking.... What can I do?

NOT FAIR!

[ Edited ]
2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2010 2:38:14 AM
(0)
Master

If you no longer want a data plan, and want to remove it, you will need to switch back to a device that doesn't require a data plan.

If you no longer want a data plan, and want to remove it, you will need to switch back to a device that doesn't require a data plan.

Re: NOT FAIR!

2 of 3 (1,149 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2010 5:43:00 AM
(0)
Former Moderator

In efforts to avoid board clutter and confusion, we ask that you please refrain from cross and double posting. Please check here for responses to your inquiry. Thank you.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

In efforts to avoid board clutter and confusion, we ask that you please refrain from cross and double posting. Please check here for responses to your inquiry. Thank you.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Re: NOT FAIR!

3 of 3 (1,134 Views)