Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 8, 2011
1:42:40 AM
View profile
NOT ABLE TO RECEIVE INTERNATIONAL CALLS AND VOIP CALLS

Hi ,

I bought a new connection on octiber 2nd previous i was gophone service , initally when i bought it they told me that i can keep that number when i go for post paid connection. but when i went for that , i was told thats not the case and asked to take new number, that made me to change my mobile number from all the services i had opted. Second, From the day i bought the motorola atrix i am fcing problem, its taking about 4 minutes to boot, thats pretty slow. Also very recently from 7th i am not able to receiv eany international calls, then i called the customer care for 4 times , each one had a different issuse and send they will revert back but never did, afters hours they did some thing i even stopped receiving calls from local mobile numbers as well, then i tried for customer for 3 times and they told me that i need to submit my verification id through fax only for processing long distance service. my question is why did u gave me a connection in first place then disconnect, i should have been in gophone itself , i had paid a deposit of 500$ in your showroom and gave my passport and other document copies, why do u need it again from me . i really cant understand the process. you just got my ID verifications and now again u want it means what , do i look like a fool. Really frustrated , that i am not able to receive any calls, what if there is an emergency and how will anyone contact me. Now they have given a barcode to fx along with the proof. Sales people in showroom are very dumb also. I have to stick to this thing for the next 2 years i think. Waiting time in support cal was about 30 minutes. Customer support is not so good. Still the incoming call problem is there and still i am not able to receive any international calls as well as voip calls. until 6th these all were working after 6th nothing is working.

Thanks

Santhosh R

Hi ,

I bought a new connection on octiber 2nd previous i was gophone service , initally when i bought it they told me that i can keep that number when i go for post paid connection. but when i went for that , i was told thats not the case and asked to take new number, that made me to change my mobile number from all the services i had opted. Second, From the day i bought the motorola atrix i am fcing problem, its taking about 4 minutes to boot, thats pretty slow. Also very recently from 7th i am not able to receiv eany international calls, then i called the customer care for 4 times , each one had a different issuse and send they will revert back but never did, afters hours they did some thing i even stopped receiving calls from local mobile numbers as well, then i tried for customer for 3 times and they told me that i need to submit my verification id through fax only for processing long distance service. my question is why did u gave me a connection in first place then disconnect, i should have been in gophone itself , i had paid a deposit of 500$ in your showroom and gave my passport and other document copies, why do u need it again from me . i really cant understand the process. you just got my ID verifications and now again u want it means what , do i look like a fool. Really frustrated , that i am not able to receive any calls, what if there is an emergency and how will anyone contact me. Now they have given a barcode to fx along with the proof. Sales people in showroom are very dumb also. I have to stick to this thing for the next 2 years i think. Waiting time in support cal was about 30 minutes. Customer support is not so good. Still the incoming call problem is there and still i am not able to receive any international calls as well as voip calls. until 6th these all were working after 6th nothing is working.

Thanks

Santhosh R

NOT ABLE TO RECEIVE INTERNATIONAL CALLS AND VOIP CALLS

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2011 5:54:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
It sounds like the provisioning for your account is not correct since you are not receiving calls from international numbers or other mobile phones. With such pervasive issues, I would return to a Corporate store and have them get your issues resolved. Since you've established contract service (and you should have been able to keep your existing phone number if it had just been handled as a conversion to post paid service) they should be more than willing to work with you at the store to make sure your service is functioning. Don't leave the store until it is.
                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

It sounds like the provisioning for your account is not correct since you are not receiving calls from international numbers or other mobile phones. With such pervasive issues, I would return to a Corporate store and have them get your issues resolved. Since you've established contract service (and you should have been able to keep your existing phone number if it had just been handled as a conversion to post paid service) they should be more than willing to work with you at the store to make sure your service is functioning. Don't leave the store until it is.
                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: NOT ABLE TO RECEIVE INTERNATIONAL CALLS AND VOIP CALLS

2 of 4 (620 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 12:04:50 PM
(0)
Contributor

Now the international call issuse is resolved for my mobile , but now the problem is i am getting wrong calls too often from places like chile???. I am getting some 3 calls per day also these are charged in my any time minutes moreover. Let me be frank in this , i had been using mobile service in my home country and had never faced such issuses even though they have only 2G service . Here they are saying they are having 3G and 4G . but it works bad here .  How can i get suddenly a large influx of wrong calls , after they fixed my call reception issuse. 

Now the international call issuse is resolved for my mobile , but now the problem is i am getting wrong calls too often from places like chile???. I am getting some 3 calls per day also these are charged in my any time minutes moreover. Let me be frank in this , i had been using mobile service in my home country and had never faced such issuses even though they have only 2G service . Here they are saying they are having 3G and 4G . but it works bad here .  How can i get suddenly a large influx of wrong calls , after they fixed my call reception issuse. 

3 of 4 (613 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 9:54:02 PM
(0)
Professor

santhoshdayalan wrote:

I hear you. That's an aweful situation for you. I think you need a new number. You got someone's old number that is still "remembered" by people halfway around the world.

santhoshdayalan wrote:

I hear you. That's an aweful situation for you. I think you need a new number. You got someone's old number that is still "remembered" by people halfway around the world.

4 of 4 (606 Views)