NO MORE DATA PLANS FOR PAYG USERS, IT'S TRUE.

pl1
Mentor

NO MORE DATA PLANS FOR PAYG USERS, IT'S TRUE.

So, let's see how this works out for AT&T. They eliminated all data plans from Pay As You Go users effective today. I know I'm heading to T-Mobile just as soon as my balance runs out. i might even leave earlier out of spite. Man Mad

Message 1 of 38 (9,102 Views)
Professor

Re: NO MORE DATA PLANS FOR PAYG USERS, IT'S TRUE.

pl1 wrote:

So, let's see how this works out for AT&T. They eliminated all data plans from Pay As You Go users effective today. I know I'm heading to T-Mobile just as soon as my balance runs out. i might even leave earlier out of spite. Man Mad

Wow. So I guess those are $100 or so a year I'll save in data now that at&t doesn't want them from me as a Pay-As-You-Go user. Well, it was fun while it lasted.

Message 2 of 38 (9,066 Views)
Teacher

Unbelievable.   It's not just a cap but no data allowed whatsoever.  To make matters worse, there was NO ADVANCE NOTICE at all. 

Sheesh.  They could have given us a grace period.  This must be another brilliant idea from the genius who decided to waste billions in fines on the T-Mobile mess.

GoPhone just gave me a great reason to start looking at other carriers.

Message 3 of 38 (8,847 Views)
pl1
Mentor

rrgg wrote:

Unbelievable.   It's not just a cap but no data allowed whatsoever.  To make matters worse, there was NO ADVANCE NOTICE at all. 

Sheesh.  They could have given us a grace period.  This must be another brilliant idea from the genius who decided to waste billions in fines on the T-Mobile mess.

GoPhone just gave me a great reason to start looking at other carriers.

Amen!

Message 4 of 38 (8,828 Views)
pl1
Mentor

pl1 wrote:

I DID leave early and donated my money to charity via text message. I'd rather give my money to someone else. I didn't want to spend another dime from my balance on AT&T and I knew I could not get a refund. 

Message 5 of 38 (8,827 Views)
Contributor

Add me to the disgruntled masses.  Based upon AT&Ts offering, I bought their phone, (ATT Thrive) for about $160 and have "prepaid" account of about $140... after having about $300 invested in being with them as a carrier, they change the rules.  I am outraged.  I expressed my dissatisfaction with their customer service and have also sent my complaint to the FCC.

Message 6 of 38 (8,698 Views)
Employee

Where did you read that? Att just announced data plans last week I doubt they trashed it all
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 38 (8,683 Views)
pl1
Mentor

[ Edited ]

JFizDaWiz wrote:
Where did you read that? Att just announced data plans last week I doubt they trashed it all

It's too bad that your own company does not make you aware of changes to their TOS. We 10cent/min PAYG customers received a text from your company with two weeks notice stating that we could no longer buy data after 4/18/12 unless we switched to the $25 or $50/month plan. So, we are all (a lot are?) leaving. 

Message 8 of 38 (8,673 Views)
Teacher

You can still buy data plans as a Go Phone user, but no longer if your rate plan is either the 10 cents/minute or $2 day unlimited plan. You have to change your rate plan to either the $25 a month for 250 voice minutes and unlimited texts, or the $50 per month unlimited, in order to purchase or renew a data plan. Which really sucks. I'm on a very tight budget, and don't use my phone often enough to need the $25 a month plan. I'm on the $2 day unlimited, and use 3G only occaisonally. It was nice to have when wifi wasn't available. But, I don't use it enough to step up to the $25 plan. So, I intend to do without 3G, or possibly switch to an alternative carrier.

Message 9 of 38 (8,671 Views)
Employee

Pl1 I work in postpaid so I don't pay attention to changes in prepaid is all
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 10 of 38 (8,630 Views)
Employee

And I've been off work for the past few days
Employee Contributor*
Message 11 of 38 (8,631 Views)
pl1
Mentor

[ Edited ]

JFizDaWiz wrote:
Pl1 I work in postpaid so I don't pay attention to changes in prepaid is all

NO Problem. But, imagine, you are an employee, and you were not aware. Some of us received text messages on 4/4/12. Not everyone got one. The text message was similar to what a kid would send, meaning, it was not official looking at all. So, there is a lot of outrage. I believe that AT&T should have grandfathered everything until our current term was due to end. For example, I loaded $105 on 2/24/12 so I should have been given that year OR when my balance ran out. Instead, we were told we can not refill after 4/18/12. Plus, I just bought a phone around the same date. So, I'm out a lot of money and I'm not alone.

Here is the text we received.

"On 4/18 data packages and auto renew will be only available with monthly plans. Pls move to monthly plan if you want 2 continue data package use."

Here is the story with a bunch of irate customers.

http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2012/04/developing-at-says-no-more-data.html

Thanks for listening.Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 38 (8,624 Views)
Scholar

I'd like to mention I haven't received any message at all on my 4 GoPhone lines subscribed to data feature packages. That's just poor customer service.
Message 13 of 38 (8,595 Views)
Contributor

I also wasn't informed that the rules were changing and recharged my account one week before everything felt apart.

But the worst part was how I discovered it: i was using Google maps as I was driving around and suddenly received a SMS telling me that $10 were just debited from my account !!!! I'm feeling betrayed : this is NOT a way to treat customers.

1. This is absolutely crazy that we were not informed about that change

2. Even those who were, getting this information 15 days in advance is abosutely outrageous.

3. The price that they want us to pay for internet is ridiculous : 2 dollars per 1MB!!! (the equivalent of the 200MB package would cost now $400!!) It's like being robed, no more no less.

I will never use AT&T again and I will let everybody know around me that they should not use a company that are treating their customers so badly.

And for those who are considering switching to the $25 monthly plan : what garantee do you have that they will not change the rules again to have everybody on their $50 plan??? I would not trust them.

Message 14 of 38 (8,550 Views)
Teacher

I never received the text message from AT&T regarding the change in data plans either. I found out about it by logging into my account on their website to check my data expiration date, and noticed the little yellow triangle and exclamation mark next to data package amounts. At first I was happy to see that they'd doubled the amount of data for the same price, and then angry to find out that I would have to change my rate plan to be eligible for data plans.

Message 15 of 38 (8,531 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.