Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 2, 2008
9:10:18 AM
View profile
NO EMAIL WARNING & NO GRACE PERIOD FOR AIRTIME EXPIRATION!
Why was I NOT sent an email warning me that my airtime was about to expire AS HAD BEEN DONE EVERY MONTH SINCE I SIGNED UP?

Why was there NO GRACE PERIOD BEFORE AIRTIME AND ALL ROLLOVER MINUTES EXPIRED? ONLY 2 DAYS AFTER EXPIRATION DATE AND OVER $60 IN ROLLOVER MINUTES ARE GONE!!!!

AT&T has NO good cam phones for prepaid and now this!!! MAY AS WELL SIGN UP WITH VERIZON!!!!
Why was I NOT sent an email warning me that my airtime was about to expire AS HAD BEEN DONE EVERY MONTH SINCE I SIGNED UP?

Why was there NO GRACE PERIOD BEFORE AIRTIME AND ALL ROLLOVER MINUTES EXPIRED? ONLY 2 DAYS AFTER EXPIRATION DATE AND OVER $60 IN ROLLOVER MINUTES ARE GONE!!!!

AT&T has NO good cam phones for prepaid and now this!!! MAY AS WELL SIGN UP WITH VERIZON!!!!

NO EMAIL WARNING & NO GRACE PERIOD FOR AIRTIME EXPIRATION!

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2008 12:58:12 PM
(0)
Guru
I have never received an email that my airtime was about to expire, but I have Pick Your Plan, with automatic payments each month.

Pay as you go site to check your balance and expiration date

Pick your plan site to check your balance and expiration date
I have never received an email that my airtime was about to expire, but I have Pick Your Plan, with automatic payments each month.

Pay as you go site to check your balance and expiration date

Pick your plan site to check your balance and expiration date
Sent from my mobile device, please excuse the spelling and brevity.

Re: NO EMAIL WARNING & NO GRACE PERIOD FOR AIRTIME EXPIRATION!

2 of 10 (531 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2008 8:11:14 PM
(0)
Tutor
well, I always got one...starting when it was cingular and continuing with at&t...except this last time...
well, I always got one...starting when it was cingular and continuing with at&t...except this last time...

3 of 10 (524 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2008 8:40:04 AM
(0)
Master
My mother never gets email notification reliably, for some reason. She does check her email daily, yet, no notification, despite getting other messages from AT&T. You may want to check your spam filter as I have found occasional messages from AT&T in my mother's spam filter. And since she has her phone off most of the time, she never sees the SMS notification. So since my mother cannot rely on electric message reminders, she does what her sister and sister-in-law do: mark the expiration date on the calander. Very low-tech, yes, but very reliable.
My mother never gets email notification reliably, for some reason. She does check her email daily, yet, no notification, despite getting other messages from AT&T. You may want to check your spam filter as I have found occasional messages from AT&T in my mother's spam filter. And since she has her phone off most of the time, she never sees the SMS notification. So since my mother cannot rely on electric message reminders, she does what her sister and sister-in-law do: mark the expiration date on the calander. Very low-tech, yes, but very reliable.

4 of 10 (517 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2008 11:32:35 AM
(0)
Tutor
the emails had been getting through - they always showed up in my inbox...and I turn the phone on every day, just to check for messages, and NO NOTIFICATION there, either...I think its just a ploy by at&t so they don't have to make good on those rollover minutes people collect...it's something they inherited from cingular, and now they're doing everything they can to make sure they don't have to pay up by trashing them as soon as you're 1 minute past the renewal date.
the emails had been getting through - they always showed up in my inbox...and I turn the phone on every day, just to check for messages, and NO NOTIFICATION there, either...I think its just a ploy by at&t so they don't have to make good on those rollover minutes people collect...it's something they inherited from cingular, and now they're doing everything they can to make sure they don't have to pay up by trashing them as soon as you're 1 minute past the renewal date.

5 of 10 (506 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2008 11:35:46 AM
(0)
Guru
Obviously you don't understand the beauty that is GSM technology.  You can buy ANY GSM phone that supports the 850/1900 mhz bands, pop your sim card into it, and use it.  Which means not only do you have the choice of the phones that AT&T sells, but also any GSM phones that AT&T doesn't sell, but can still work on their network.

teke978 wrote:

Obviously you don't understand the beauty that is GSM technology.  You can buy ANY GSM phone that supports the 850/1900 mhz bands, pop your sim card into it, and use it.  Which means not only do you have the choice of the phones that AT&T sells, but also any GSM phones that AT&T doesn't sell, but can still work on their network.

teke978 wrote:

6 of 10 (484 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2008 8:55:16 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by coolchick200583 on Nov 9, 2008 at 8:57:34 AM
I had gotten an email twice letting me know that my balance was about to expire. This was when I first started with go phone about 2 and half years ago lol. I haven't gotten any since then. Your  expiration date  shows now when you dial *777#

Message Edited by coolchick200583 on 11-09-2008 11:57:34 AM
I had gotten an email twice letting me know that my balance was about to expire. This was when I first started with go phone about 2 and half years ago lol. I haven't gotten any since then. Your  expiration date  shows now when you dial *777#

Message Edited by coolchick200583 on 11-09-2008 11:57:34 AM

[ Edited ]
7 of 10 (477 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2008 5:42:44 AM
(0)
Scholar
I dont know why but I never received an e-mail notification of expiring balance or account or anything. Have a friend with gophone that gets these emails constantly but Im not. So,i have my back ups...
I dont know why but I never received an e-mail notification of expiring balance or account or anything. Have a friend with gophone that gets these emails constantly but Im not. So,i have my back ups...

8 of 10 (466 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 11, 2008 4:31:03 PM
(0)
Tutor
last time I checked, the cell phones from Verizon don't use SIM cards, at least not the Motorola Razr that they sold...do you know about T-Mobile or Sprint? if AT&T had iPhones without the contract, would love to get 1 of those...and maybe putting up with this nonsense wouldnt be so bad Smiley Happy lol...
last time I checked, the cell phones from Verizon don't use SIM cards, at least not the Motorola Razr that they sold...do you know about T-Mobile or Sprint? if AT&T had iPhones without the contract, would love to get 1 of those...and maybe putting up with this nonsense wouldnt be so bad Smiley Happy lol...

9 of 10 (450 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 11, 2008 4:31:53 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

teke978 wrote:

T-Mobile uses SIM cards, Sprint doesn't.

teke978 wrote:

T-Mobile uses SIM cards, Sprint doesn't.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

10 of 10 (450 Views)