Helpful Links

NEWBY

NEWBY

I am FINALLY trying to upgrade my phone, but I need some advice.  I have rarely accessed the internet from my phone, I take some pictures, and text some, but I would like to start accessing the internet more, use FB, and have the ability to do a little more than I do now, but my dilemma is which phone to choose!!!!  I am an AT&T retiree, so I do receive a discount when I upgrade, but I am so confused now as to what I would need to add in order to do the above mentioned things.  I don't need an expensive phone, but I would like a reliable one and most importantly one that is user friendly!!

If there is anyone that can help me choose or explain what is best for a "newby", I would greatly appreciate it!!

Thank you in advance for your help.

P.S. I currently have a Samsung Solstice, which I am okay with, but the speaker phone has never worked properly, and I am not sure it's the best model for what I want to do. 

Message 1 of 19

Re: NEWBY

Try iPhone easiest phone to use. and alot of features. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 19
Expert

coolrhyme wrote:

WHY on earth is ATT ALWAYS trying to push the iPhone??? Smiley Indifferent You would think it's the ONLY phone that exsists!!Smiley Mad There are many other phones besides the iPhone that the OP can utilize.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 3 of 19
Expert

Brandnewrne...I hope I spelled your name correctly. Anyway, have you checked the phones listed by ATT? You would have to decide if you would like a Dumbphone, (which ATT seems to have little choice of), a Messaging phone or a Smartphone as to what would meet your needs. 

You can access the internet, FB and text on any phone but it also depends on what you would want to spend. I would suggest to check what ATT has to offer because everyone's opinion differs.

I, myself, have a Nokia Mural dumbphone and it serves my purpose, for the time being, and it also doesn't cost me an arm and a leg every month. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 4 of 19

Thank you!!!  I will take a look at their site!

Message 5 of 19

You are right, I don't think I need all the bells and whistles the iPhone, plus the cost for all that is beyond what I need!!!! Guess I should have stated in my original message that cost was also an issue....the discount they give us retirees isn't all that great either!!
Message 6 of 19

Thanks, but the iPhone has features I will NEVER use!!! The cost for all those features is way more than I wanted to pay. If AT&T were smart they would offer a plan for retiree's, especially ones that used to work for them! I'll take a look at that phone, but I am sure it's a lot more than I need or want right now!
Message 7 of 19
Expert

Brandnewme, You may want to check the Messaging Phones. Then you may want to decide if you want a touchscreen or not. My

sister recently purchased the Samsung Evergreen, (NOT a touchscreen). It took a little getting used to but she loves her phone now. It

just depends on what you prefer.. good luck. Smiley Happy

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 8 of 19

That is great news, because I was actually looking at that one!!!  Thanks!!! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 19
Master

Okay. You are not in the market for a smartphone. Check that off the list.

The Solstice is a very nice phone indeed. My sister has one, but upgrades do come around every now and then. The phone I am going to recommend for you is no longer available in AT&T stores/retailers to my knowledge, but I would strongly recommend a Samsung Mythic. It's very similar to your Solstice so there would not be much of a learning curve. The Mythic's features over the Solstice include a larger screen, more things to do and places to go, a 3.2MP camera with a camera flash (great for picture taking Smiley Happy) and you can have your already unlimited QMD data plan. Do you enjoy using your current Solstice, and would you prefer a physical keyboard over a touchscreen one?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 10 of 19
Expert

Brandnewme wrote:

That is great news, because I was actually looking at that one!!!  Thanks!!! Smiley Happy

You're very welcome. Smiley Happy

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 11 of 19
Master

Dcookie wrote:

coolrhyme wrote:

WHY on earth is ATT ALWAYS trying to push the iPhone??? Smiley Indifferent You would think it's the ONLY phone that exsists!!Smiley Mad There are many other phones besides the iPhone that the OP can utilize.

Ever since 2007, the iPhone seems to be AT&T's "flagship" phone. You would think that since AT&T has lost their exclusivity of the iPhone, they would back off. They must have a strong liking or even a contract with Apple.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 12 of 19
Expert

Wild Banchi wrote:

Dcookie wrote:

coolrhyme wrote:

Ever since 2007, the iPhone seems to be AT&T's "flagship" phone. You would think that since AT&T has lost their exclusivity of the iPhone, they would back off. They must have a strong liking or even a contract with Apple.

All, I know, to be honest, is that I am TIRED of hearing ATT push the iPhone. Not everyone WANTS or NEEDS an IPhone. Geez, you would think that is the ONLY phone ATT carries! Smiley Indifferent

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 13 of 19

I think a physical keyboard might work out and it would definitely be something to try. I will check it out. Not sure a smartphone is ruled out just yet, but I am just trying to get some help from this site in order to help me decide what is best for me. I read some of the reviews on a phone that looks like it will work and most are not good, so that is why I have such a dilemma! I appreciate your feedback very much!!!!!
Message 14 of 19
Expert

There are good and bad points about EVERY phone...even the iPhone, believe it or not. I'm sure you'll make the right decision as to what works best for you...you just have to do a little research but it CAN be confusing. Let us know what you decide. Smiley Happy

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 15 of 19
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?
Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

AT&T Locker is being discontinued on August 3rd. Find out what you need to do.

Additional Support