NEWBY

NEWBY

I am FINALLY trying to upgrade my phone, but I need some advice.  I have rarely accessed the internet from my phone, I take some pictures, and text some, but I would like to start accessing the internet more, use FB, and have the ability to do a little more than I do now, but my dilemma is which phone to choose!!!!  I am an AT&T retiree, so I do receive a discount when I upgrade, but I am so confused now as to what I would need to add in order to do the above mentioned things.  I don't need an expensive phone, but I would like a reliable one and most importantly one that is user friendly!!

If there is anyone that can help me choose or explain what is best for a "newby", I would greatly appreciate it!!

Thank you in advance for your help.

P.S. I currently have a Samsung Solstice, which I am okay with, but the speaker phone has never worked properly, and I am not sure it's the best model for what I want to do. 

Message 1 of 19
Master

Re: NEWBY

Brandnewme wrote:
I think a physical keyboard might work out and it would definitely be something to try. I will check it out. Not sure a smartphone is ruled out just yet, but I am just trying to get some help from this site in order to help me decide what is best for me. I read some of the reviews on a phone that looks like it will work and most are not good, so that is why I have such a dilemma! I appreciate your feedback very much!!!!!
Okay. That's absolutely fine. I just personally like touch screen keyboards better. Smiley Tongue

You're welcome! Good luck with your decision!

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 16 of 19
Master

Dcookie wrote:
All, I know, to be honest, is that I am TIRED of hearing ATT push the iPhone. Not everyone WANTS or NEEDS an IPhone. Geez, you would think that is the ONLY phone ATT carries! 

I hate to go off topic and pollute this thread, but Dcookie, Android is the way to go! Smiley Wink

(Off-topic once more...sorry... Dcookie, I like your new signature! Smiley Happy)

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 17 of 19
Expert

Wild Banchi wrote:

Dcookie wrote:
All, I know, to be honest, is that I am TIRED of hearing ATT push the iPhone. Not everyone WANTS or NEEDS an IPhone. Geez, you would think that is the ONLY phone ATT carries! 

I hate to go off topic and pollute this thread, but Dcookie, Android is the way to go! Smiley Wink

(Off-topic once more...sorry... Dcookie, I like your new signature! Smiley Happy)

Thanks WB! Smiley Happy and YES, I'm thinking android, when the time comes...NO iPhone for me. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 18 of 19
Highlighted
Professor

Brandnewme wrote:

That is great news, because I was actually looking at that one!!!  Thanks!!! Smiley Happy

Hi Brandnewme!  glad you got some good answers! hey, anytime you are back on the forum, DCookie has a nice group of folks in  a forum discussion that you could stop by and chat.  maybe discuss some Nokia questions.. I think DC just bragged bout her Nokia!

Message 19 of 19
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support