Helpful Links

NEWBY

NEWBY

I am FINALLY trying to upgrade my phone, but I need some advice.  I have rarely accessed the internet from my phone, I take some pictures, and text some, but I would like to start accessing the internet more, use FB, and have the ability to do a little more than I do now, but my dilemma is which phone to choose!!!!  I am an AT&T retiree, so I do receive a discount when I upgrade, but I am so confused now as to what I would need to add in order to do the above mentioned things.  I don't need an expensive phone, but I would like a reliable one and most importantly one that is user friendly!!

If there is anyone that can help me choose or explain what is best for a "newby", I would greatly appreciate it!!

Thank you in advance for your help.

P.S. I currently have a Samsung Solstice, which I am okay with, but the speaker phone has never worked properly, and I am not sure it's the best model for what I want to do. 

Message 1 of 19
Master

Re: NEWBY

Brandnewme wrote:
I think a physical keyboard might work out and it would definitely be something to try. I will check it out. Not sure a smartphone is ruled out just yet, but I am just trying to get some help from this site in order to help me decide what is best for me. I read some of the reviews on a phone that looks like it will work and most are not good, so that is why I have such a dilemma! I appreciate your feedback very much!!!!!
Okay. That's absolutely fine. I just personally like touch screen keyboards better. Smiley Tongue

You're welcome! Good luck with your decision!

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 16 of 19
Master

Dcookie wrote:
All, I know, to be honest, is that I am TIRED of hearing ATT push the iPhone. Not everyone WANTS or NEEDS an IPhone. Geez, you would think that is the ONLY phone ATT carries! 

I hate to go off topic and pollute this thread, but Dcookie, Android is the way to go! Smiley Wink

(Off-topic once more...sorry... Dcookie, I like your new signature! Smiley Happy)

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 17 of 19
Expert

Wild Banchi wrote:

Dcookie wrote:
All, I know, to be honest, is that I am TIRED of hearing ATT push the iPhone. Not everyone WANTS or NEEDS an IPhone. Geez, you would think that is the ONLY phone ATT carries! 

I hate to go off topic and pollute this thread, but Dcookie, Android is the way to go! Smiley Wink

(Off-topic once more...sorry... Dcookie, I like your new signature! Smiley Happy)

Thanks WB! Smiley Happy and YES, I'm thinking android, when the time comes...NO iPhone for me. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 18 of 19
Highlighted
Professor

Brandnewme wrote:

That is great news, because I was actually looking at that one!!!  Thanks!!! Smiley Happy

Hi Brandnewme!  glad you got some good answers! hey, anytime you are back on the forum, DCookie has a nice group of folks in  a forum discussion that you could stop by and chat.  maybe discuss some Nokia questions.. I think DC just bragged bout her Nokia!

Message 19 of 19
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support