*** NEW DELL STREAK PRO (Dell's Latest Android Phone!) ***

Professor

*** NEW DELL STREAK PRO (Dell's Latest Android Phone!) ***

[ Edited ]

The newest android from Dell.com is a totally revamped Dell Streak Pro (formerly Dell Streak 5 or Mini)... Theyve upgraded all the innerds to the latest hardware/software but lost lots of its trademark features. I dont think I will get this new designed Streak. It looks too much like any other phone now, instead of its 5 inch screen and thin tablet body.

http://www.waleg.com/techgadgets/archives/024414.html

Message 1 of 7 (728 Views)

Re: *** NEW DELL STREAK PRO (Dell's Latest Android Phone!) ***

cool, I think I'll do some research to decide if I'll get it.  I'm a Dell user and I enjoy all Dell products so I'll try this bad boy, hehe

Message 2 of 7 (705 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

HawaiiWarrior87 wrote:

cool, I think I'll do some research to decide if I'll get it.  I'm a Dell user and I enjoy all Dell products so I'll try this bad boy, hehe

The Dell Streak is one of the cutting edge tablet phones out there. They could have even gutted the current design and revamped it with all the goodies this new Streak has.. I guess it wil have to grow on me to go back to a slightly smaller screen... I tell you, Dell spoiled us rotten and in a good way, with the 5" screen..
Message 3 of 7 (701 Views)
Guru

Pass...4" screens are TOO small.  I looked at the SG2, but compared to the FIVE inch on the streak, it looks too small, not to mention the screen resolution.

Message 4 of 7 (689 Views)
Master

This looks very nice! I like the rounded-off edges of this new Pro! It looks competitive like the other smartphones are with each other; I think it will blend in very nicely. I might do some more research on this. My next phone after my Captivate has had enough will be another Android phone such as the Samsung Galaxy S II or maybe this, now. If HTC has anything planned in the next few months to a year, I may go with one of those beauties.

One thing Dell must do with the new Streak Pro is that they HAVE to market it effectively. Otherwise, people will not know about it, much like the somewhat private release of the original Dell Streak.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 5 of 7 (677 Views)
Professor

p51d007 wrote:

Pass...4" screens are TOO small.  I looked at the SG2, but compared to the FIVE inch on the streak, it looks too small, not to mention the screen resolution.

Yup, that was my conclusion thus far when comparing the Streak with another device.  I am condemed to a 5" or larger screen with calling capability. So far , there just aint nothing like the Dell Streak.

I do like the ViewSonic but there doesnt seem to be any info on how to get one.

(..The Dell Streak Was Here But Now He's Gone..

He Left His Name To Carry On....

..Those Who Knew Him, Knew Him Well.....

....Those Who Didnt....[rest were censored]...)

Message 6 of 7 (673 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

Wild Banchi wrote:
This looks very nice! I like the rounded-off edges of this new Pro! It looks competitive like the other smartphones are with each other; I think it will blend in very nicely. I might do some more research on this. My next phone after my Captivate has had enough will be another Android phone such as the Samsung Galaxy S II or maybe this, now. If HTC has anything planned in the next few months to a year, I may go with one of those beauties.

One thing Dell must do with the new Streak Pro is that they HAVE to market it effectively. Otherwise, people will not know about it, much like the somewhat private release of the original Dell Streak.

WB you are right, , its a rather handsome device and it may be a big seller if the promo is done right. Unfortunately, the new phone is stripped of all features and design that gave the Streak its uniqueness. Now it does look like every other phone.  And Current Streak owners all seem not to consider this version as a replacement/upgrade.  Other forums that are Android related , under the Dell Streak discussions are showing a trend where current owners are looking at other devices with the same or larger screen and have the calling function. 

Some devices are out there and will pick up where Dell dropped out.  Dell blew it once with little promo and ATT didnt help much since they didnt add it to their catalog (Dell refused to let ATT have as much control they tried to get . For that, im glad Dell was thinking right)

Dell announced some big event about the Dell Streak right before August, leaving people to thnk they pulled the current device for internal upgrades and re-release the souped up Streak again but this time, with the right promo. But, with all its "Streakish" features all but gone.. so is the thrill.

Message 7 of 7 (670 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.