Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 29, 2011
9:34:33 AM
View profile
NEED BLACKBERRY TORCH to work on my GOPHONE ACCOUNT .... IS IT POSSIBLE ??

I have been an att customer for over 8 years , Recently I switched off my sister's plan on to just a GO PHONE , which is very easy to maintain and keep ..... Although I would really like to know if a BLACKBERRY TORCH is compatiable for the "GOPHONE" access to the cell world, I need advise or someone to tell me how I CAN get in to this phone , so I CAN get rid of this GHETTO phone I got when I BOUGHT MY GO PHONE ..... help !!!!! THANKS AND HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY / WEEKEND!!!! <3

I have been an att customer for over 8 years , Recently I switched off my sister's plan on to just a GO PHONE , which is very easy to maintain and keep ..... Although I would really like to know if a BLACKBERRY TORCH is compatiable for the "GOPHONE" access to the cell world, I need advise or someone to tell me how I CAN get in to this phone , so I CAN get rid of this GHETTO phone I got when I BOUGHT MY GO PHONE ..... help !!!!! THANKS AND HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY / WEEKEND!!!! <3

NEED BLACKBERRY TORCH to work on my GOPHONE ACCOUNT .... IS IT POSSIBLE ??

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2011 10:04:05 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

GANNA2brennan wrote:

"Ghetto phone"? Smiley Very Happy

Yes, you can use a BlackBerry Torch on your GoPhone account. It should not require a data plan unless you would like to use data on your GoPhone. All you would need to do is transfer your existing prepaid SIM card into the new BlackBerry and you should be all set.

Depending on how long you've had your current GoPhone, (or, "ghetto phone") your SIM card may be temporarily locked for up to six months to the original activated phone. Did you activate your SIM card with your current phone? If so, the SIM could be locked for a while to that phone only, but you may not run into that sort of trouble.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

GANNA2brennan wrote:

"Ghetto phone"? Smiley Very Happy

Yes, you can use a BlackBerry Torch on your GoPhone account. It should not require a data plan unless you would like to use data on your GoPhone. All you would need to do is transfer your existing prepaid SIM card into the new BlackBerry and you should be all set.

Depending on how long you've had your current GoPhone, (or, "ghetto phone") your SIM card may be temporarily locked for up to six months to the original activated phone. Did you activate your SIM card with your current phone? If so, the SIM could be locked for a while to that phone only, but you may not run into that sort of trouble.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: NEED BLACKBERRY TORCH to work on my GOPHONE ACCOUNT .... IS IT POSSIBLE ??

2 of 3 (2,851 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 4, 2011 2:43:19 PM
(0)
Contributor

it should work cuz mine did, but first check if the internet works without buying data, thats if u have the $50 unlimited plan cuz it includes web. when i first got my phone it worked but bbm and facebook app, also email didnt work so i thought purchasing the data feature would make it work but no. 

it should work cuz mine did, but first check if the internet works without buying data, thats if u have the $50 unlimited plan cuz it includes web. when i first got my phone it worked but bbm and facebook app, also email didnt work so i thought purchasing the data feature would make it work but no. 

Re: NEED BLACKBERRY TORCH to work on my GOPHONE ACCOUNT .... IS IT POSSIBLE ??

3 of 3 (2,804 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments