NCK Unlock code for Garmin G60

NCK Unlock code for Garmin G60

AT&T's new agreement allows for unlocks on most phones except for exclusives

Posted: 24 May 2010, 17:39

Categories: AT&T

Bookmark
There are going to be some big smiles on the faces of many AT&T customers after a pre-trial class action lawsuit resulted in a settlement that would essentially allow unlocks to AT&T customers. Specifically, the agreement would allow AT&T to provide prepaid customers unlock codes for the handsets as long as they have proof of purchase for their locked device. Conversely postpaid customers are going to be treated a little bit differently with some stipulations such as the requirement of having an account in good standing and must have “completed a minimum of 90 days of active service.” The news will become especially welcomed for international travelers who are constantly moving from one place to another. Unfortunately the one major drawback can be found in devices that are exclusive to AT&T – such as the BlackBerry Bold 9000 and Apple iPhone. The settlement said, “handsets for which AT&T has an exclusive sales arrangement with a manufacturer of less than 10 months will have to wait until the 10-month period expires before they can receive an unlocking code.” Nonetheless, we're sure that there are going to be some people happy about all of this.

Unfortunately, I requested the NCK unlock code for my Garmin phone which I paid full price on Ebay and AT&T refused to honor its pre-trial agreement! I'll inform the States' General Attorney about this intentional violation 7 months after the agreement...

Message 1 of 10
Master

Re: NCK Unlock code for Garmin G60

If I'm not mistaken, the Garmin G60 is in the same category as the Bold and the iPhone.

Message 2 of 10

You're mistaken, then!

First, Garmin G60 is no longer sold by AT&T and even discontinued by Garmin.

Second, the exclusivity between Garmin and AT&T is longer than 10 months (see the Agreement).

So, if you think Garmin G60 and Bold and iPhone are in the same category, then Michael Jackson could become President!

Message 3 of 10
Expert

hdpham2001 wrote:

You're mistaken, then!

Second, the exclusivity between Garmin and AT&T is longer than 10 months (see the Agreement).

So, if you think Garmin G60 and Bold and iPhone are in the same category, then Michael Jackson could become President!

might want to review the actual court reported findings, there are prereq's that you need to fullfill as a customer

Message 4 of 10
Master

No idea that the phone had been discontinued.  If I were you, I'd take the argument up with Garmin, since AT&T may have to request unlock codes from them.  We're all customers here, just like you.  Nobody is going to come from AT&T from on high to solve this for you.

hdpham2001 wrote:

You're mistaken, then!

Message 5 of 10

Well, I'll send e-mail/snail mail to the attorneys handling the AT&T settlement and let them sort it out. That's their job, and they will get paid for it. I don't...

Message 6 of 10

First, I'm not a AT&T customer. I purchased the phone at full price on EBay.

Second, AT&T no longer sells it, nor supports it.

Third, why do I care reading the court docs ? Let the attorneys do it, for they will get paid by AT&T court fine anyway. Not me.

Message 7 of 10
ACE - Expert

One of AT&T's requirements are that you must be a current AT&T customer to receive unlock code.

Since you didn't buy the phone from AT&T or you are not an AT&T customer, they are not responsible.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 10
Master

Yes, contact Garmin as I said.  If you've never been a customer, AT&T has no responsibility to unlock your phone for you.

Message 9 of 10
Highlighted
Former Moderator

Thank you for your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and is now being closed.  Should the OP need additional assistance, please feel free to open up a new thread.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 10 of 10
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Additional Support