Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 13, 2011
8:58:07 AM
View profile
My wife adds a contact it shows up on my phone too?

We noticed today when she or i add new contacts it goes too both phones. We both have the Inspire and on same contract. I've have looked everywhere and can not understand how this happens cause know if see add a new contact it shows up on my phone too and if i delete it off of myne it deletes hers too. Appreiciate the time and responses thankyou. tt

We noticed today when she or i add new contacts it goes too both phones. We both have the Inspire and on same contract. I've have looked everywhere and can not understand how this happens cause know if see add a new contact it shows up on my phone too and if i delete it off of myne it deletes hers too. Appreiciate the time and responses thankyou. tt

My wife adds a contact it shows up on my phone too?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2011 10:20:28 AM
(0)
Professor

Are you syncing your contacts to the same google account?

Are you syncing your contacts to the same google account?

Re: My wife adds a contact it shows up on my phone too?

2 of 5 (289 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2011 11:50:35 AM
(0)
Contributor

I'll have to check her phone when I see her later. I don't remember setting it up to sync to my gmail only to my computer. But that would make since. Thankyou for your rapid reply. tt

I'll have to check her phone when I see her later. I don't remember setting it up to sync to my gmail only to my computer. But that would make since. Thankyou for your rapid reply. tt

3 of 5 (280 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2011 7:40:41 PM
(0)
Master
I would guess you are syncing to the same gmail account as well.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
I would guess you are syncing to the same gmail account as well.
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

4 of 5 (260 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2011 6:06:33 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Yep, it sounds like you guys are using the same Google account.  You enter this info when you first boot the phone. Once you do, syncing of contacts and Gmail is pretty much be default, and happens automatically unless you turn it off.

You should enter different Google accounts for the 2 phones.  If you don't have seperate Google accounts, you should create a new one.

Yep, it sounds like you guys are using the same Google account.  You enter this info when you first boot the phone. Once you do, syncing of contacts and Gmail is pretty much be default, and happens automatically unless you turn it off.

You should enter different Google accounts for the 2 phones.  If you don't have seperate Google accounts, you should create a new one.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (234 Views)