My upgrade eligibility was moved back 3 months...

Tutor

My upgrade eligibility was moved back 3 months...

So I was planning on upgrading my cell phone on Feb 20th as my account has stated for the past year.  I went to my account today and it says my upgrade will now be May 20th.  What gives?  How can I fix this.  The only thing that has changed in regards to my account is that I added UVerse TV and Internet and combined my billing.

The interface for combining mobile and Uverse really sucks by the way.  My mobile account thinks they are joined but my uverse says there is no mobile account.  That is a different story though.

I really hope this can be resolved.  Any ideas?  Should I wait on hold with customer support or try to find time to go to a store?  I have been a customer since 2002 and have never had any service disconnections.  A few late payments here or there but nothing major or habitual.

Message 1 of 6
Scholar

Re: My upgrade eligibility was moved back 3 months...

The news on stocks suggested providers are looking for ways to discourage upgrades on phones because it is costing providers so much in subsidies. Don't know but time will tell the whole story.
Message 2 of 6
Expert

4sskyrocket wrote:
The news on stocks suggested providers are looking for ways to discourage upgrades on phones because it is costing providers so much in subsidies. Don't know but time will tell the whole story.

/rofl can you document this? If it is supposedly true for one carrier then it is true for every carrier in the US since they use the same exact methods

Message 3 of 6

It's definitely a bummer when you go to upgrade, expecting that new phone soon, and it doesn't happen. If there is a store nearby (you can determine this with the store locator on the AT&T website, or simply google AT&T with a zip code and you may find one close that way too), it can't hurt to just hop in and ask them what's up. If you prefer over the phone, there is usually not too long a wait to speak to a customer service representative about the move in your upgrade date, and a representative will be able to get an idea of why the date was moved for you as well.  If it was moved in error, they should be able to assist you in processing earlier as well. If it was an accurate move, you'll have an answer as to why. I hope this helps, please let us know what you find out after contacting care! 

PS: you can contact care from your phone by dialing 611 on the wireless phone or 1 - 800-331-0500 from any other phone. 

PPS: They can also look at your combined issue for you. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 6
Tutor

Well im on the phone with customer service.  They are giving me some roundabout answer about how when my iphone 4 died and i replaced it with a phone i paid for 100% that they had to do an override on my account.  But it said february up until a month ago and I did the changover from iphone to android a year ago.

They offered me an upgrade to a skyrocket for $330 with a contract.  This is $130 more than it is advertised for.  I am a 10 year customer. This is rediculous.  I told them I will pay the advertised $199.99 and am currently on hold while she talks to her supervisor. I will report what happens.  I plan to take this to a retail store if they dont honor the feb 20 date.  At least I will have a person to person talk and maybe less {word filter evasion}.

Message 5 of 6
Tutor

They transfered me to disconnection.  She also stated that it had appeared I had inquried about my renewal date (when iphone 4 died) and at that time it was feb 20, 2012.  She said "something has changed" between then and now and you are not eligible until may 20, 2012.  No explanation as to what.  She said there is no way for her to know.

So basically i am stuck waiting until May I guess.  Maybe I will explore the world of verison, or another carrier because this is straight rediculous.  You would think after 10 years as a customer they might try to give you a straight answer or just give you an upgrade to keep you satisfied.  I was rocking my nokia back in the day for years after I was eligible for an upgrade. Shouldnt this be taken into consideration as well?

Anyways I am not very happy with "customer service" at this time.  Might just drop att wireless and uverse out of principle.

Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support