My plan is 10 cents/minute. Why are calls under 1 minute costing 20 cents?!?

Contributor

My plan is 10 cents/minute. Why are calls under 1 minute costing 20 cents?!?

10 cents a minute is 10 cents a minute, right?  Right.  Why are my calls that do not go over 1 minute costing me 20 cents?

I'd call support, but I'd probably be charged on my pre-paid for that, too.

Thanks,

Message 1 of 2 (1,359 Views)
Master

Re: My plan is 10 cents/minute. Why are calls under 1 minute costing 20 cents?!?

Are you sure your call did not exceed one minute from the time you pressed the send/call key to the time you disconnected the call?  Usage is rounded up to the nearest whole minute; and until the call disconnects from the tower the time is billed, so it can be longer than the call log on the phone indicates.

If you feel the time isn't being correctly billed, I would contact customer service.  You won't be charged for calling 611 from your prepaid cell phone. Smiley Happy

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 2 of 2 (1,241 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.