Wireless Forums

Posted Feb 18, 2011
6:12:56 AM
View profile
My phones are on the way (My transition from Verizon to ATT)

I got a shipping conformation from ATT.  My phones are on they way, but they sent them USPS??????  Just goes to show you how cheap ATT is?  That just seems absurd to me that they did not use a proper carrier to ship phones.

Now, lets hope I can port my number back to Verizon and be done with this whole fiasco brought upon me by my wonderful govermerment.

35 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(35)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2011 3:38:43 AM
(0)
Professor
I know of no one that lives in my CMA that has AT&T now. I know of others who are going through the same transition as me. I also know that if I go just a little bit west of my CMA, I will be roaming as a AT&T customer. The one person who I knew that had AT&T managed okay in the city they lived in but spending a few months outside of the city for a job got them a letter from AT&T. "You are roaming too much." The customer managed to not get dropped by AT&T, but as soon as the contract ended they left for another carrier.
I am also not going wait years struggling with a carrier through their growing pains. It is a good thing I picked an Android phone. As soon as the AT&T phone is activated, I am running the signal mapping application called Sensorly Map Viewer. It will tell me exactly what signal I can get in the CMA at that time. There will be a lot of area to map since the area hasn't been mapped for AT&T yet.
Probably from mobile, maybe. :smileyhappy:
I know of no one that lives in my CMA that has AT&T now. I know of others who are going through the same transition as me. I also know that if I go just a little bit west of my CMA, I will be roaming as a AT&T customer. The one person who I knew that had AT&T managed okay in the city they lived in but spending a few months outside of the city for a job got them a letter from AT&T. "You are roaming too much." The customer managed to not get dropped by AT&T, but as soon as the contract ended they left for another carrier.
I am also not going wait years struggling with a carrier through their growing pains. It is a good thing I picked an Android phone. As soon as the AT&T phone is activated, I am running the signal mapping application called Sensorly Map Viewer. It will tell me exactly what signal I can get in the CMA at that time. There will be a lot of area to map since the area hasn't been mapped for AT&T yet.
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

Re: My phones are on the way (My transition from Verizon to ATT)

31 of 36 (175 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2011 5:37:46 AM
(0)
Professor
I will give that android app a try. Ive got the unlimited minutes and unlimited data plan w/ATT. so far, no roaming issues for me and im on this bad-boy for hours. i do some traveling around 120 +/day in distance between point a and b. Like you said though, ATT may not be as fully funcgional in your area. I have to say ive had decent service and support when i had probs.
I will give that android app a try. Ive got the unlimited minutes and unlimited data plan w/ATT. so far, no roaming issues for me and im on this bad-boy for hours. i do some traveling around 120 +/day in distance between point a and b. Like you said though, ATT may not be as fully funcgional in your area. I have to say ive had decent service and support when i had probs.
Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

32 of 36 (167 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2011 12:08:45 PM
(0)
Contributor

I've received my replacement phone and my activation date which is April 6.  Planning on going right back to verizon.... Wondering if any of you have had problems taking your number back to verizon????

I've received my replacement phone and my activation date which is April 6.  Planning on going right back to verizon.... Wondering if any of you have had problems taking your number back to verizon????

33 of 36 (117 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2011 1:28:58 PM
(0)
Mentor

Phone number isn't that big of an issue with me.  If I can't take it back, I'll get a new one.  I don't have a choice but to jump through the at&t hoops, but a number won't stop me from going back to Verizon just as soon as I can.

Phone number isn't that big of an issue with me.  If I can't take it back, I'll get a new one.  I don't have a choice but to jump through the at&t hoops, but a number won't stop me from going back to Verizon just as soon as I can.

34 of 36 (108 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2011 1:38:09 PM
(0)
Professor
I have to keep my number should I leave att. My cellular is tied to several client accoutnts, on business cards and office stationery. Would cost too much to change mine for sure. :smileyvery-happy:
I have to keep my number should I leave att. My cellular is tied to several client accoutnts, on business cards and office stationery. Would cost too much to change mine for sure. :smileyvery-happy:
Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

35 of 36 (104 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 21, 2011 4:27:15 PM
(0)
Tutor

Good luck, you'll need it.

Good luck, you'll need it.

36 of 36 (58 Views)