My phones are on the way (My transition from Verizon to ATT)

Scholar

My phones are on the way (My transition from Verizon to ATT)

I got a shipping conformation from ATT.  My phones are on they way, but they sent them USPS??????  Just goes to show you how cheap ATT is?  That just seems absurd to me that they did not use a proper carrier to ship phones.

Now, lets hope I can port my number back to Verizon and be done with this whole fiasco brought upon me by my wonderful govermerment.

Message 1 of 36 (881 Views)
Expert

Re: My phones are on the way (My transition from Verizon to ATT)

belome wrote:

I got a shipping conformation from ATT.  My phones are on they way, but they sent them USPS??????  Just goes to show you how cheap ATT is?  That just seems absurd to me that they did not use a proper carrier to ship phones.

Now, lets hope I can port my number back to Verizon and be done with this whole fiasco brought upon me by my wonderful govermerment.

verizon des the same thing unless they are running a special.

Message 2 of 36 (865 Views)

Just refuse the shipment and send the box back unopened. Goodbye

Message 3 of 36 (855 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

stclair49 wrote:

Just refuse the shipment and send the box back unopened. Goodbye

then wait until everything is recieved back and verified so they will release the numbers for port back. Moral - always verify what free shipping is, 90 percent of the time it is cheapest method available - USPS

Message 4 of 36 (850 Views)
Scholar

Actually, I'm pretty sure I have to actually get the phone and activate them to satisfy the FCC.

I wish it was as easy as just returning them... but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Message 5 of 36 (844 Views)
Employee

I fail to see the use of USPS being bad, but ok.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 36 (829 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

JFizDaWiz wrote:

I fail to see the use of USPS being bad, but ok.

Neither do I just not my prefered method of delivery, tend to pay for fedex or ups next day on orders

Message 7 of 36 (825 Views)
Master

MY AT&T phone for the transition is was in the mailbox today and is now charging! (shipped on the 16th via USPS with tracking!) Apparently I have to wait for a voicemail and then a text message to know exactly when my transition date will occur. Smiley Mad Smiley Sad I am going to be playing with it while on airplane mode and wifi on throughtout the weekend, I think.

Now when does the 30 days start?  Back to the material included in the package.

Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 36 (818 Views)
Employee

30 days from purchase date

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 9 of 36 (806 Views)
Mentor

I would think the 30 days wouldn't start until your transition date since you can't activate the phone until then.  Doesn't matter to me when it starts, I'll be switching back day 1.

Message 10 of 36 (802 Views)
Master

Quote from my paperwork, "Service may be canceled within 30 days of activation without an early termination fee."

I also can't exchange the phone for a different phone until my service transitions to AT&T and the the phone that was sent to me is activated on AT&T's network.

Message 11 of 36 (564 Views)
Scholar

I got the phones today.  There was no information in the box stating when my transition date will be so I called them.  The guy said Mid-April.  For fricks sake this sure is dragging out a long time.

I guess I have a new wifi webbrowser until mid-april.

One annoying thing is that I can't download anything from the market yet, so I can't setup the phone the way I want... for my one day of use.

Message 12 of 36 (543 Views)
Master

Do what I did. Take the sim card and stash it in the box it came in. Go through the setup, sign into gmail, say your using a wifi only connection, setup your wifi on the phone, and away you go. Once that is done, turn on airplane mode and then turn back on wifi. I downloaded the absolute minimum applications I needed from the market. I needed my favorite keyboard so bad that wasn't even funny. If I have trouble later, I'll just factory reset the thing. They don't scare me anymore. As it stands, I have my contacts loaded gmail is running and the market auto-updated to version 2.3.2. That is a newer version of market that my other phone was running before I broke the warranty and flash FroYo on it as an upgrade from the stock Eclair.
Message 13 of 36 (538 Views)
Scholar

I left the SIM card in it.  I guess I can put it in airplane mode.  I wasn't able to download from the market, but if you can, then I'll do whatever it takes to mess with it.

Message 14 of 36 (535 Views)
Scholar

It says, "Starting dowload..." and never downloads.  Is it becuase my sim card is in you think?

Message 15 of 36 (531 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.