Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 18, 2011
6:12:56 AM
View profile
My phones are on the way (My transition from Verizon to ATT)

I got a shipping conformation from ATT.  My phones are on they way, but they sent them USPS??????  Just goes to show you how cheap ATT is?  That just seems absurd to me that they did not use a proper carrier to ship phones.

Now, lets hope I can port my number back to Verizon and be done with this whole fiasco brought upon me by my wonderful govermerment.

I got a shipping conformation from ATT.  My phones are on they way, but they sent them USPS??????  Just goes to show you how cheap ATT is?  That just seems absurd to me that they did not use a proper carrier to ship phones.

Now, lets hope I can port my number back to Verizon and be done with this whole fiasco brought upon me by my wonderful govermerment.

My phones are on the way (My transition from Verizon to ATT)

35 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(35)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2011 7:19:58 AM
(0)
Expert

belome wrote:

verizon des the same thing unless they are running a special.

belome wrote:

verizon des the same thing unless they are running a special.

Re: My phones are on the way (My transition from Verizon to ATT)

2 of 36 (833 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2011 10:41:25 AM
(0)
Guru

Just refuse the shipment and send the box back unopened. Goodbye

3 of 36 (823 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2011 11:13:29 AM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Feb 18, 2011 at 11:13:59 AM

stclair49 wrote:

then wait until everything is recieved back and verified so they will release the numbers for port back. Moral - always verify what free shipping is, 90 percent of the time it is cheapest method available - USPS

stclair49 wrote:

then wait until everything is recieved back and verified so they will release the numbers for port back. Moral - always verify what free shipping is, 90 percent of the time it is cheapest method available - USPS

[ Edited ]
4 of 36 (818 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2011 11:51:09 AM
(0)
Scholar

Actually, I'm pretty sure I have to actually get the phone and activate them to satisfy the FCC.

I wish it was as easy as just returning them... but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Actually, I'm pretty sure I have to actually get the phone and activate them to satisfy the FCC.

I wish it was as easy as just returning them... but that doesn't seem to be the case.

5 of 36 (812 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2011 3:44:41 PM
(0)
Employee

I fail to see the use of USPS being bad, but ok.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 36 (797 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2011 4:19:56 PM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Feb 18, 2011 at 4:21:12 PM

JFizDaWiz wrote:

Neither do I just not my prefered method of delivery, tend to pay for fedex or ups next day on orders

JFizDaWiz wrote:

Neither do I just not my prefered method of delivery, tend to pay for fedex or ups next day on orders

[ Edited ]
7 of 36 (793 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2011 6:46:17 PM
(0)
Master

MY AT&T phone for the transition is was in the mailbox today and is now charging! (shipped on the 16th via USPS with tracking!) Apparently I have to wait for a voicemail and then a text message to know exactly when my transition date will occur. Smiley Mad Smiley Sad I am going to be playing with it while on airplane mode and wifi on throughtout the weekend, I think.

Now when does the 30 days start?  Back to the material included in the package.

Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy

MY AT&T phone for the transition is was in the mailbox today and is now charging! (shipped on the 16th via USPS with tracking!) Apparently I have to wait for a voicemail and then a text message to know exactly when my transition date will occur. Smiley Mad Smiley Sad I am going to be playing with it while on airplane mode and wifi on throughtout the weekend, I think.

Now when does the 30 days start?  Back to the material included in the package.

Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

8 of 36 (786 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2011 1:27:12 AM
(0)
Employee

30 days from purchase date

30 days from purchase date

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

9 of 36 (774 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2011 4:00:32 AM
(0)
Mentor

I would think the 30 days wouldn't start until your transition date since you can't activate the phone until then.  Doesn't matter to me when it starts, I'll be switching back day 1.

I would think the 30 days wouldn't start until your transition date since you can't activate the phone until then.  Doesn't matter to me when it starts, I'll be switching back day 1.

10 of 36 (770 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2011 8:57:30 AM
(0)
Master
Quote from my paperwork, "Service may be canceled within 30 days of activation without an early termination fee."

I also can't exchange the phone for a different phone until my service transitions to AT&T and the the phone that was sent to me is activated on AT&T's network.

Quote from my paperwork, "Service may be canceled within 30 days of activation without an early termination fee."

I also can't exchange the phone for a different phone until my service transitions to AT&T and the the phone that was sent to me is activated on AT&T's network.

11 of 36 (532 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2011 11:10:49 AM
(0)
Scholar

I got the phones today.  There was no information in the box stating when my transition date will be so I called them.  The guy said Mid-April.  For fricks sake this sure is dragging out a long time.

I guess I have a new wifi webbrowser until mid-april.

One annoying thing is that I can't download anything from the market yet, so I can't setup the phone the way I want... for my one day of use.

I got the phones today.  There was no information in the box stating when my transition date will be so I called them.  The guy said Mid-April.  For fricks sake this sure is dragging out a long time.

I guess I have a new wifi webbrowser until mid-april.

One annoying thing is that I can't download anything from the market yet, so I can't setup the phone the way I want... for my one day of use.

12 of 36 (511 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2011 11:23:53 AM
(0)
Master
Do what I did. Take the sim card and stash it in the box it came in. Go through the setup, sign into gmail, say your using a wifi only connection, setup your wifi on the phone, and away you go. Once that is done, turn on airplane mode and then turn back on wifi. I downloaded the absolute minimum applications I needed from the market. I needed my favorite keyboard so bad that wasn't even funny. If I have trouble later, I'll just factory reset the thing. They don't scare me anymore. As it stands, I have my contacts loaded gmail is running and the market auto-updated to version 2.3.2. That is a newer version of market that my other phone was running before I broke the warranty and flash FroYo on it as an upgrade from the stock Eclair.
Do what I did. Take the sim card and stash it in the box it came in. Go through the setup, sign into gmail, say your using a wifi only connection, setup your wifi on the phone, and away you go. Once that is done, turn on airplane mode and then turn back on wifi. I downloaded the absolute minimum applications I needed from the market. I needed my favorite keyboard so bad that wasn't even funny. If I have trouble later, I'll just factory reset the thing. They don't scare me anymore. As it stands, I have my contacts loaded gmail is running and the market auto-updated to version 2.3.2. That is a newer version of market that my other phone was running before I broke the warranty and flash FroYo on it as an upgrade from the stock Eclair.

13 of 36 (506 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2011 12:13:03 PM
(0)
Scholar

I left the SIM card in it.  I guess I can put it in airplane mode.  I wasn't able to download from the market, but if you can, then I'll do whatever it takes to mess with it.

I left the SIM card in it.  I guess I can put it in airplane mode.  I wasn't able to download from the market, but if you can, then I'll do whatever it takes to mess with it.

14 of 36 (503 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2011 12:19:11 PM
(0)
Scholar

It says, "Starting dowload..." and never downloads.  Is it becuase my sim card is in you think?

It says, "Starting dowload..." and never downloads.  Is it becuase my sim card is in you think?

15 of 36 (499 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2011 12:52:32 PM
(0)
Master
Not sure, but I wasn't going to take the chance. That's why I left the sim card even before I plugged it in to charge the first time.
Not sure, but I wasn't going to take the chance. That's why I left the sim card even before I plugged it in to charge the first time.

16 of 36 (496 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2011 12:54:26 PM
(0)
Master
Sorry... left the sim card out of the phone.
Sorry... left the sim card out of the phone.

17 of 36 (494 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2011 1:25:49 PM
(0)
Scholar

Actually, I think its my work firewall blocking the port that the market needs, I can't usually download stuff from my Droid over wireless at work also... I bet it works from home.  I'll try it tonight.

Actually, I think its my work firewall blocking the port that the market needs, I can't usually download stuff from my Droid over wireless at work also... I bet it works from home.  I'll try it tonight.

18 of 36 (486 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2011 5:10:45 PM
(0)
Master
Work blocking downloads... hmmm. That would be a problem. Smiley Wink
Work blocking downloads... hmmm. That would be a problem. Smiley Wink

19 of 36 (481 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2011 5:44:13 AM
(0)
Scholar

Yeah, thats what it was... I downloaded a few things last night from home.

I wonder what happens if you try to download something that isn't free?

Yeah, thats what it was... I downloaded a few things last night from home.

I wonder what happens if you try to download something that isn't free?

20 of 36 (471 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2011 11:59:04 AM
(0)
Master
The couple of paid applications I have were paid through google checkout. I did pay them on my current phone. They showed up as purchased on the Aria. So downloaded the one I had to have to function. Points at signature line.
The couple of paid applications I have were paid through google checkout. I did pay them on my current phone. They showed up as purchased on the Aria. So downloaded the one I had to have to function. Points at signature line.

21 of 36 (538 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2011 12:34:08 AM
(0)
Scholar

belome wrote:

Let me guess.  You quit Verizon because they were so cheap they made you pay for UPS.  Bye.

belome wrote:

Let me guess.  You quit Verizon because they were so cheap they made you pay for UPS.  Bye.

22 of 36 (488 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2011 6:21:36 AM
(0)
Master
@Javeon
This is for a forced transition to AT&T brought on by the FCC's requirements in the Verizon/Alltel merger. Belome doesn't want to leave Verizon.
@Javeon
This is for a forced transition to AT&T brought on by the FCC's requirements in the Verizon/Alltel merger. Belome doesn't want to leave Verizon.

23 of 36 (470 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2011 7:59:38 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by RicoLX on Mar 5, 2011 at 8:05:28 AM

Welcome ! We've been waiting for you......

Welcome ! We've been waiting for you......

Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

[ Edited ]
24 of 36 (463 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2011 11:22:22 AM
(0)
Scholar

Ann154 wrote:
@Javeon

Oh so it was more of a blog type post since the change wasn't because of at&t.

Ann154 wrote:
@Javeon

Oh so it was more of a blog type post since the change wasn't because of at&t.

25 of 36 (446 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2011 11:57:26 AM
(0)
Master
Well RicoLX, you're going to have to wait a little longer. Both belome and myself are still waiting to find out when our transition date is going to happen.
Well RicoLX, you're going to have to wait a little longer. Both belome and myself are still waiting to find out when our transition date is going to happen.

26 of 36 (431 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2011 3:42:07 PM
(0)
Professor

Ann154 wrote:

Nooo Praaaablem!... take your time. we will be right here with open arms!!!

Ann154 wrote:

Nooo Praaaablem!... take your time. we will be right here with open arms!!!

27 of 36 (392 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2011 4:29:08 PM
(0)
Master
Well I certainly hope the network is so welcoming. Not that I trust the network coverage map in the first place, but certainly doesn't look promising for my Cellular Market Area (CMA). The 3g has managed to appear on the map for one small area of one of the counties where it wasn't before. The voice map hasn't improved. There are all sorts of roaming/partner coverage hatch marks. I travel regularly through the most of the CMA and elsewhere. For the CMA alone and the Verizon coverage now, I have decent voice throughout, but will at least have a weak usable 3g signal and only drop to a 2g data on occasion.
Well I certainly hope the network is so welcoming. Not that I trust the network coverage map in the first place, but certainly doesn't look promising for my Cellular Market Area (CMA). The 3g has managed to appear on the map for one small area of one of the counties where it wasn't before. The voice map hasn't improved. There are all sorts of roaming/partner coverage hatch marks. I travel regularly through the most of the CMA and elsewhere. For the CMA alone and the Verizon coverage now, I have decent voice throughout, but will at least have a weak usable 3g signal and only drop to a 2g data on occasion.

28 of 36 (385 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2011 2:57:25 AM
(0)
Professor

Ann154 wrote:

Yep thats something to consider especially since this is a 'forced' merger and not a chosen move on your part.  Ask around and see if others in your CMA that has AT&T have any  major complaints.  One thing to consider, if you are being moved due to the cellular company's business venture , to a different carrier,, you could be released of your termination fees if the new services doesnt provide adequate service.   See which carrier has good service other than Verizon since you are having to move from that plan.

Hope AT&T works out for you. I know there's a major upgrade going on and ive lived through two 'growing pain' stages but have to say, my services are getting better after each build out or expansion.

Ann154 wrote:

Yep thats something to consider especially since this is a 'forced' merger and not a chosen move on your part.  Ask around and see if others in your CMA that has AT&T have any  major complaints.  One thing to consider, if you are being moved due to the cellular company's business venture , to a different carrier,, you could be released of your termination fees if the new services doesnt provide adequate service.   See which carrier has good service other than Verizon since you are having to move from that plan.

Hope AT&T works out for you. I know there's a major upgrade going on and ive lived through two 'growing pain' stages but have to say, my services are getting better after each build out or expansion.

29 of 36 (360 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2011 3:22:16 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by RicoLX on Mar 8, 2011 at 3:24:33 AM

Hey, try comparing services using this link provided by the great NSAYER in another string.   After clicking on the map at the bottom of the website , enter your city or zip, then you can click on honeycone shaped areas to see which carrier has the strongest signal for calls and data in your area... COOL!    Send NSAYER a Kudo if this help you.

http://rootmetrics.com/compare_coverage.php

from this screenshot, you see Sprint and Verizon has the BEST services but ATT is not that bad.

But notice since i've "highlighted" att at the bottom of the map, it shows all the  GREAT spots in Green for ATT

Hey, try comparing services using this link provided by the great NSAYER in another string.   After clicking on the map at the bottom of the website , enter your city or zip, then you can click on honeycone shaped areas to see which carrier has the strongest signal for calls and data in your area... COOL!    Send NSAYER a Kudo if this help you.

http://rootmetrics.com/compare_coverage.php

from this screenshot, you see Sprint and Verizon has the BEST services but ATT is not that bad.

But notice since i've "highlighted" att at the bottom of the map, it shows all the  GREAT spots in Green for ATT

[ Edited ]
30 of 36 (353 Views)