Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 25, 2011
3:02:03 AM
View profile
My phone doesn't ring, call goes straight to voicemail

My phone doesn't ring, call goes straight to voicemail I strongly believe the problem is that the phone is in data transfer and is not connected to faster network 3G/4G etc. I'm having some problems but I use AT&T Atrix and looking for resolution. I want a telephone with phone calls the highest priority.

My phone doesn't ring, call goes straight to voicemail I strongly believe the problem is that the phone is in data transfer and is not connected to faster network 3G/4G etc. I'm having some problems but I use AT&T Atrix and looking for resolution. I want a telephone with phone calls the highest priority.

My phone doesn't ring, call goes straight to voicemail

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 11, 2011 6:05:05 AM
(0)
Contributor

Do all calls go to voice mail? I had a temporary issue in which one of my contacts had been changed to automatically go to voice mail instead of ringing through.

Do all calls go to voice mail? I had a temporary issue in which one of my contacts had been changed to automatically go to voice mail instead of ringing through.

Re: My phone doesn't ring, call goes straight to voicemail

2 of 5 (3,523 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 13, 2011 9:12:37 AM
(0)
Guru

Check for tower status in the affected areas.  This problem is often caused by degraded or failing towers.  You can often get more up to date information from a local AT&T store but the last time that I had this problem, customer support admitted the issue before I could even get that far but also expected repair within a week or two.

Check for tower status in the affected areas.  This problem is often caused by degraded or failing towers.  You can often get more up to date information from a local AT&T store but the last time that I had this problem, customer support admitted the issue before I could even get that far but also expected repair within a week or two.

3 of 5 (3,501 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2011 12:39:35 PM
(0)
Teacher

Sometimes Call Forwarding can accidentaly get set up check to see if its all calls or just certain numbers.

Sometimes Call Forwarding can accidentaly get set up check to see if its all calls or just certain numbers.

4 of 5 (3,306 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2011 12:47:42 PM
(0)
Employee
Sounds like your phone has gremlins. To solve this issue, submerge the device completely in a jar of peanut butter... That should do the trick...if not... at least it will taste better.
Sounds like your phone has gremlins. To solve this issue, submerge the device completely in a jar of peanut butter... That should do the trick...if not... at least it will taste better.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 5 (3,303 Views)