Helpful Links

My old Iphone 2G

Tutor

My old Iphone 2G

I now have an Iphone 4, but think my Iphone 3G was stolen, i have the serial number and just want to know if it is active, no other information then i will call the police.

No one will give me that information, not att or apple...........even though i don't use it anymore it is still mine......

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Former Community Manager

Re: My old Iphone 2G

jsbauer wrote:

I now have an Iphone 4, but think my Iphone 3G was stolen, i have the serial number and just want to know if it is active, no other information then i will call the police.

No one will give me that information, not att or apple...........even though i don't use it anymore it is still mine......

Hi, 

When you activated your new phone, did you use the same phone number & account info? If so, then your account is associated with your new phone so who ever took it wouldn't be able to make calls or text with your number. 

I would definitely make sure that you change any passwords you may have had stored on your old phone (as well as the password associated with your Apple ID. 

Check this article out for some other tips on what to do when your phone is stolen: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=52993#fbid=JksbCLIT7p8

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support