Helpful Links

My number porting request not completed though allowed and confirmed by my previous provider

Tutor

My number porting request not completed though allowed and confirmed by my previous provider

I had made a request for porting my number to at&t with my iPhone 4, but when I got the phone it was activated with a new number through my iTunes. I had hoped that I could use my same old number (which is still active with Cricket Wireless).

I would like to ask the forum if anybody has had such issues and if at&t can still port my old number. When I check my port status it says it is confirmed.

How should I go about to get my old number in my iPhone?

Thanks...

Message 1 of 4
Teacher

Re: My number porting request not completed though allowed and confirmed by my previous provider

contact att.

they can port your old number over while you're on the phone with them.

Message 2 of 4
ACE - Professor

Re: My number porting request not completed though allowed and confirmed by my previous provider

Yep. DO NOT cancel your line that has the number you want to port. When you port it over, your old service will be cancelled automatically.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Professor

You have to call AT&T either from the 'Contact Us by Phone' or visit a local AT&T wireless with your wireless bill from Cricket and request a port from the old number to the new number. They may require additional info to complete the transaction. Afterwards, they would be giving you a grace period of a few days before the port is complete and be able to activate your iPhone's old telephone number.

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?
Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

AT&T Locker is being discontinued on August 3rd. Find out what you need to do.

Additional Support