Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 9, 2010
9:25:21 PM
View profile
My new Pantech Impact problem.

I am unable to get the external keypad to stay lit up.    The external touch keypd lock/unlock does not appear to work.  I have only been able to make calls on the internal keypad which is a speaker phone.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Any ideas?

Thanks, Maddy

I am unable to get the external keypad to stay lit up.    The external touch keypd lock/unlock does not appear to work.  I have only been able to make calls on the internal keypad which is a speaker phone.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Any ideas?

Thanks, Maddy

My new Pantech Impact problem.

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 10, 2010 9:24:31 AM
(0)
Scholar
This sounds like a defect on the phone.  I have no problem with my lock/unlock button.  Just make sure you hit the button once and don't hold it down.  For some reason I thought you had to press and hold the button down for it to unlock, when actually you just have to push the button in once.  Sounds silly...but it was something I kept doing since the wording says "press HOLD key"  brain was focusing on the word HOLD.  LOL
This sounds like a defect on the phone.  I have no problem with my lock/unlock button.  Just make sure you hit the button once and don't hold it down.  For some reason I thought you had to press and hold the button down for it to unlock, when actually you just have to push the button in once.  Sounds silly...but it was something I kept doing since the wording says "press HOLD key"  brain was focusing on the word HOLD.  LOL

Re: My new Pantech Impact problem.

2 of 7 (6,563 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 19, 2010 5:13:27 PM
(0)
Contributor

i haven't had that problem but I have had problems with mine.  I have actually turned in one phone under the warranty because it would not end calls with the front screen and would freeze in the middle of call.  My current one has recently stopped working completely.  It had been randomly turning itself off in my pocket and then finally one dya it was sitting on my table while I ate dinner, I noticed the ront screen illuminated and it restarted itself.  The battery after that reset went from full charge to nearly dead and now it wan't charge or react at all.  I hope my experiance can help someonewhen choosing a new phone.  The features are great on this phone but there are bugs that need to be worked out.

i haven't had that problem but I have had problems with mine.  I have actually turned in one phone under the warranty because it would not end calls with the front screen and would freeze in the middle of call.  My current one has recently stopped working completely.  It had been randomly turning itself off in my pocket and then finally one dya it was sitting on my table while I ate dinner, I noticed the ront screen illuminated and it restarted itself.  The battery after that reset went from full charge to nearly dead and now it wan't charge or react at all.  I hope my experiance can help someonewhen choosing a new phone.  The features are great on this phone but there are bugs that need to be worked out.

3 of 7 (5,351 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2010 9:30:15 PM
(0)
Professor

I have the same problem with my Impact.  When I attempt to end a call that lasts for a while, the keypad will lock and I can't end the call from the front screen.  I have to flip open the phone to do so.  I wonder if the sensor on the device (in the upper left hand corner) has anything to do with it.  

I have the same problem with my Impact.  When I attempt to end a call that lasts for a while, the keypad will lock and I can't end the call from the front screen.  I have to flip open the phone to do so.  I wonder if the sensor on the device (in the upper left hand corner) has anything to do with it.  

4 of 7 (4,252 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2010 1:04:11 PM
(0)
Teacher

The Impact has been nothing but problems for me.  To end a call I must hold down the "end call" key for a few seconds until I see "call ended."  Answering a call can be a nightmare.  I must be very careful not to touch any other key otherwise I will lose the incoming call.  And I do not have it set for any key answer.  Unfortunately, you must take the Impact back to the place of purchase and let them look at it.  In the meantime call AT&T to see what assistance they can offer.  It is also a good idea to call them so they will know there may be a glitch on the external pad.  I will call them also.

Regarding the battery dying.  I must recharge my Impact battery every day whether I used it since the last recharge or not.  (You may have seen my many posts concerning this issue.)  I just checked my Impact because I recharged it last night and had not used it since.  No surprise, it has turned itself off because there are no bars and it needs to be recharged, again!  But there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I read in this forum just last week how others are having the same problem with the Impact not holding a charge and how calling AT&T with this complaint will get you a new battery free.  If the new battery does not help the problem, they say they will replace the phone.  I called AT&T and they are sending me a new battery free of charge.  Also, if the battery cover keeps falling off, call Pantech and they will replace it.

Hope some of this helps.

The Impact has been nothing but problems for me.  To end a call I must hold down the "end call" key for a few seconds until I see "call ended."  Answering a call can be a nightmare.  I must be very careful not to touch any other key otherwise I will lose the incoming call.  And I do not have it set for any key answer.  Unfortunately, you must take the Impact back to the place of purchase and let them look at it.  In the meantime call AT&T to see what assistance they can offer.  It is also a good idea to call them so they will know there may be a glitch on the external pad.  I will call them also.

Regarding the battery dying.  I must recharge my Impact battery every day whether I used it since the last recharge or not.  (You may have seen my many posts concerning this issue.)  I just checked my Impact because I recharged it last night and had not used it since.  No surprise, it has turned itself off because there are no bars and it needs to be recharged, again!  But there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I read in this forum just last week how others are having the same problem with the Impact not holding a charge and how calling AT&T with this complaint will get you a new battery free.  If the new battery does not help the problem, they say they will replace the phone.  I called AT&T and they are sending me a new battery free of charge.  Also, if the battery cover keeps falling off, call Pantech and they will replace it.

Hope some of this helps.

5 of 7 (4,229 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2010 2:48:04 PM
(0)
Professor

I have had this phone for two months and I, too, have been experiencing some problems with it.  Mine froze and did a reboot by itself.  The ear speaker on my phone, when I have the phone closed, will suddenly stop working from time-to-time while the call is still connected.  I don't know if this is a problem with the phone or with my particular device.  Ending a call on the external key pad can be a pain in the butt, too.  The phone locking while you're in a call is inconvenient when you're trying to end a call.  Another downside I saw on this device is the one setting for call volume.  If you're in a call and you have the speaker phone activated, it could be on the lowest setting for when the phone is closed and the volume is very low on the speaker phone.  

There are some things that I really like about the phone, like the size and touch sensitive key pad on the front.  I like how it opens up like a glasses case and it has a full QWERTY keyboard.  If I could, I would still get another phone.

I have had this phone for two months and I, too, have been experiencing some problems with it.  Mine froze and did a reboot by itself.  The ear speaker on my phone, when I have the phone closed, will suddenly stop working from time-to-time while the call is still connected.  I don't know if this is a problem with the phone or with my particular device.  Ending a call on the external key pad can be a pain in the butt, too.  The phone locking while you're in a call is inconvenient when you're trying to end a call.  Another downside I saw on this device is the one setting for call volume.  If you're in a call and you have the speaker phone activated, it could be on the lowest setting for when the phone is closed and the volume is very low on the speaker phone.  

There are some things that I really like about the phone, like the size and touch sensitive key pad on the front.  I like how it opens up like a glasses case and it has a full QWERTY keyboard.  If I could, I would still get another phone.

6 of 7 (3,762 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2011 1:16:43 AM
(0)
Contributor
I've had a similar problem with my Impact. My front screen went completely black one day and only had a blue line running up it. I called Customer Support, but apparently the only solution was to replace it. A month after I got it, the new one is doing the same thing. I'm in the process of replacing it, although I really just wanted a different phone. I loved the Impact in the beginning, but all the issues made me too frustrated. I'm sure the new phone that's coming will end up having the same problem again. Ugh.
I've had a similar problem with my Impact. My front screen went completely black one day and only had a blue line running up it. I called Customer Support, but apparently the only solution was to replace it. A month after I got it, the new one is doing the same thing. I'm in the process of replacing it, although I really just wanted a different phone. I loved the Impact in the beginning, but all the issues made me too frustrated. I'm sure the new phone that's coming will end up having the same problem again. Ugh.

7 of 7 (1,815 Views)