Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 24, 2011
1:41:35 PM
My money disappeared when i switched my rate plan!!!!

i am using prepard card.
Oringinally ,i used 50$/ unlimited a month.
Yesterday i still have 25$ dollars in my account ,then i switched to 25$ dollars(250minutes) a month ,
so i am suppose to have 25 dollar to use ,right?
then i bought a 200 message package online, it asked me to swith my plan if i wanted to buy 200 message package,
so i switch again. so my new plan is 10 cent per minute plus 200 message package.

and than i found something's wrong, that is my 25$ dollars disappeared but i didn't even call one second.

my account is almost 0$ now,how come i was charged 25$ but i could not get the service?

i've called AT&T several times but they are all auto-voice sevice ,they could not really help me.

how can i get my 25dollars back? 

I hope AT&T could contact me soon!!!!

i am using prepard card.
Yesterday i still have 25$ dollars in my account ,then i switched to 25$ dollars(250minutes) a month ,
then i bought a 200 message package online, it asked me to swith my plan if i wanted to buy 200 message package,
so i switch again. so my new plan is 10 cent per minute plus 200 message package.

and than i found something's wrong, that is my 25$ dollars disappeared but i didn't even call one second.

my account is almost 0$ now,how come i was charged 25$ but i could not get the service?

i've called AT&T several times but they are all auto-voice sevice ,they could not really help me.

My money disappeared when i switched my rate plan!!!!

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2011 5:27:54 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

ovinkimguagua wrote:

i am using prepard card.

I see your mistake here. I'll explain it as I see it.

You switched from the $50 Unlimited plan and then you switched to the $25 plan from the $50 plan. The remaining $25 in your balance was deducted because it would cost you $25 to use the $25 plan for that month. You were deducted $25 accordingly.

You were not able to purchase a 200 messaging package for the $25 plan because unlimited messaging is already automatically included with the plan. So now you are on the $0.10 per minute plan with the 200 messaging package, which makes sense.

Do you understand how this works and why AT&T does not owe you $25 because it was deducted from your account when you switched plans?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

ovinkimguagua wrote:

i am using prepard card.

I see your mistake here. I'll explain it as I see it.

You switched from the $50 Unlimited plan and then you switched to the $25 plan from the $50 plan. The remaining $25 in your balance was deducted because it would cost you $25 to use the $25 plan for that month. You were deducted $25 accordingly.

You were not able to purchase a 200 messaging package for the $25 plan because unlimited messaging is already automatically included with the plan. So now you are on the $0.10 per minute plan with the 200 messaging package, which makes sense.

Do you understand how this works and why AT&T does not owe you $25 because it was deducted from your account when you switched plans?

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: My money disappeared when i switched my rate plan!!!!

2 of 10 (366 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2011 10:04:07 PM
(0)
Tutor
Hey thank you so much.
But I competely understand how it works before i posted this.
The point is AT&T does not say I can't have a 200 messaging package for the $25 plan,how could I know that?
Since I paid it, I should have that 25$.
I believe it's a technical mistake from AT&T but not totally all my fault.
Hey thank you so much.
The point is AT&T does not say I can't have a 200 messaging package for the $25 plan,how could I know that?

3 of 10 (357 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2011 1:51:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by Wild Banchi on Oct 25, 2011 at 1:52:47 PM
You're welcome.

If you believe that AT&T still owes you a $25 credit, call 611 from your phone and ask them about a credit or why your account was charged. When dialing 611, at the main menu, select "more options", then "customer service". The system will eventually give up and transfer you to a live representative who should be able to help you.

Good luck!

You're welcome.

If you believe that AT&T still owes you a $25 credit, call 611 from your phone and ask them about a credit or why your account was charged. When dialing 611, at the main menu, select "more options", then "customer service". The system will eventually give up and transfer you to a live representative who should be able to help you.

Good luck!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
4 of 10 (348 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2011 4:26:48 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

ovinkimguagua wrote:
Hey thank you so much.

It won't hurt to contact customer service and visit with them about it - they may be willing to give you a one time refund, but I wouldn't expect them to do so.

Since the $25/month plan includes unlimited messaging why did you want to purchase a 200 message add-on feature plan?

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

ovinkimguagua wrote:
Hey thank you so much.

It won't hurt to contact customer service and visit with them about it - they may be willing to give you a one time refund, but I wouldn't expect them to do so.

Since the $25/month plan includes unlimited messaging why did you want to purchase a 200 message add-on feature plan?

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

5 of 10 (336 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2011 9:47:01 PM
(0)
Tutor
i didn't know that $25/month plan includes unlimited messaging
= = it's my first time to use it

Anyway, AT&T's customer 's service are so nice ,they gave back to me whole $25( but I lost my $4.5 to buy that message feature).It's still nice , I have almost all my $ back ❤

Anyway, AT&T's customer 's service are so nice ,they gave back to me whole $25( but I lost my $4.5 to buy that message feature).It's still nice , I have almost all my $ back ❤

6 of 10 (321 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2011 3:09:32 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Awesome! See, I knew calling CS would help. Smiley Happy

Awesome! See, I knew calling CS would help. Smiley Happy

7 of 10 (318 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2011 5:33:29 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

ovinkimguagua wrote:

That's great!  I'm very happy to hear they were so gracious and accomodating.  Every once in awhile they surprise all of us. Smiley Happy

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

ovinkimguagua wrote:

That's great!  I'm very happy to hear they were so gracious and accomodating.  Every once in awhile they surprise all of us. Smiley Happy

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

8 of 10 (314 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2011 12:16:45 PM
(0)
Tutor
Thank you for teaching me how to contact a "real" AT&T person!!
You help me a lot ,thanks . Smiley Happy
Thank you for teaching me how to contact a "real" AT&T person!!
You help me a lot ,thanks . Smiley Happy

9 of 10 (305 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2011 12:41:39 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
You're welcome. Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for marking my 100th accepted solution. You're today's special winner. Smiley Wink

You're welcome. Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for marking my 100th accepted solution. You're today's special winner. Smiley Wink

10 of 10 (304 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments