Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 27, 2011
10:14:28 AM
View profile
My iphone keeps sending the same text

My iphone keeps sending the same text to an email contact every 2 hours for the past 3 days.  I have deleted all messages to this address and rebooted my G phone.  How do I stop this repeat message.  The recipient is getting very angry with me.  

My iphone keeps sending the same text to an email contact every 2 hours for the past 3 days.  I have deleted all messages to this address and rebooted my G phone.  How do I stop this repeat message.  The recipient is getting very angry with me.  

Monique Sandberg AllChicagoLofts.com Sent From My IPhone

My iphone keeps sending the same text

11 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(11)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2011 11:23:34 AM
(0)
Master

Call ATT and have them reset your account.  Based on Google searches, the issue is not with you but with ATT and their system.  Call from a land line in case they ask you to restart your phone.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

http://www.att.com/econtactus/callUs.jsp?serviceGroup=wireless#wireless

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Call ATT and have them reset your account.  Based on Google searches, the issue is not with you but with ATT and their system.  Call from a land line in case they ask you to restart your phone.

http://www.att.com/econtactus/callUs.jsp?serviceGroup=wireless#wireless

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: My iphone keeps sending the same text

2 of 12 (7,968 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2011 11:40:55 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

This happens when the message centers never get the "this message has been delivered" command from the mobile device.

Two options - Wait and it will clear itself out in 72 hours (which in your case is almost up) or let me know if you'd like to speak with someone at AT&T who can help.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

This happens when the message centers never get the "this message has been delivered" command from the mobile device.

Two options - Wait and it will clear itself out in 72 hours (which in your case is almost up) or let me know if you'd like to speak with someone at AT&T who can help.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 12 (7,886 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2011 2:45:15 PM
(0)
Contributor

i am having the same problem!!! i selected some text msgs and then forwarded them to my email from my phone and now i keep getting the same email over and over again. I've gotten it like 30 times in the past 2 days. At&t told me to reset my network settings, delete my email acct on my phone & turn off my phone for awhile but nothing has worked. apple won't help me cuz my phone isn't under warranty anymore. have you figured out how to fix it?

i am having the same problem!!! i selected some text msgs and then forwarded them to my email from my phone and now i keep getting the same email over and over again. I've gotten it like 30 times in the past 2 days. At&t told me to reset my network settings, delete my email acct on my phone & turn off my phone for awhile but nothing has worked. apple won't help me cuz my phone isn't under warranty anymore. have you figured out how to fix it?

4 of 12 (7,870 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2011 10:18:45 AM
(0)
Contributor

sorry about your luck!

I'd like to know how to get lost text msgs. off a cell phone

to save on a PC
,any suggestions?

thanx.

sorry about your luck!

I'd like to know how to get lost text msgs. off a cell phone

to save on a PC
,any suggestions?

thanx.

5 of 12 (7,799 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2011 12:37:45 AM
(0)
Contributor

The messages were originally sent on a friday in the morning.. it's now sunday night and I'm still getting them.

Has anyone seen if the messages appear while the phone is off? If the messages appear while the sending phone is off doesn't that mean it's ATT server?

The messages were originally sent on a friday in the morning.. it's now sunday night and I'm still getting them.

Has anyone seen if the messages appear while the phone is off? If the messages appear while the sending phone is off doesn't that mean it's ATT server?

6 of 12 (7,596 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2011 9:23:47 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

mauricio.escobar80 wrote:

Hi - same two options - Wait and it will clear itself out in 72 hours (which in your case is almost up) or let me know if you'd like to speak with someone at AT&T who can help.

--------------

mauricio.escobar80 wrote:

Hi - same two options - Wait and it will clear itself out in 72 hours (which in your case is almost up) or let me know if you'd like to speak with someone at AT&T who can help.

--------------

7 of 12 (7,550 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2011 2:01:19 PM
(0)
Contributor

I've been fighting this problem since Thursday night, and it's Monday afternoon, so the 72 hours reset thing doesn't work.  I believe the problem stemmed from addressing the text message to both a phone number and an e-mail address.

I've deleted the original text message, I deleted the contact, I reset the phone to 'factory settings', and I've been on the chat with AT&T twice.  Luckily the message was sent to a friend, who informed me, then blocked me, so that now the messages just bounce back to me as 'undeliverable', every 5 hours.  In a cruel ironic twist, the error message from AT&T includes an e-mail address for the administrator - but any messages sent to that address also bounce back as undeliverable.

The latest time, I was told this is a known problem, they are working on it, but do not have an estimated time of completion.  In other words, "shut up and take it" 

Let's see... there's a 30 day period where I can return the phone and go to another provider, isn't there?

I've been fighting this problem since Thursday night, and it's Monday afternoon, so the 72 hours reset thing doesn't work.  I believe the problem stemmed from addressing the text message to both a phone number and an e-mail address.

I've deleted the original text message, I deleted the contact, I reset the phone to 'factory settings', and I've been on the chat with AT&T twice.  Luckily the message was sent to a friend, who informed me, then blocked me, so that now the messages just bounce back to me as 'undeliverable', every 5 hours.  In a cruel ironic twist, the error message from AT&T includes an e-mail address for the administrator - but any messages sent to that address also bounce back as undeliverable.

The latest time, I was told this is a known problem, they are working on it, but do not have an estimated time of completion.  In other words, "shut up and take it" 

Let's see... there's a 30 day period where I can return the phone and go to another provider, isn't there?

8 of 12 (7,512 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2011 2:08:47 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Kirwan2468 wrote:

Alright, thanks for clarifying the issue. 

Will you please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you? I'll ask a member of our team to contact you directly to discuss the issue. 

--------------

Kirwan2468 wrote:

Alright, thanks for clarifying the issue. 

Will you please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you? I'll ask a member of our team to contact you directly to discuss the issue. 

--------------

9 of 12 (7,509 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2011 6:53:43 PM
(0)
Contributor

I'm having the same exact problem with my new iPhone 4S. My phone continually sends an email to one of my contacts. The original message has been deleted and the email address removed from that person's contact, but it keeps sending. Please help me resolve.

I'm having the same exact problem with my new iPhone 4S. My phone continually sends an email to one of my contacts. The original message has been deleted and the email address removed from that person's contact, but it keeps sending. Please help me resolve.

10 of 12 (7,462 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2011 9:41:11 AM
(0)
Contributor

Update: My problem went away on it's own, right at about 96 hours from when I sent the text.  Or maybe somebody behind the scenes found the right bit to twiddle.

The admin in this thread did send me a PM, and also forwarded my info to another person who contacted me.

We were in the process of setting up a phonecon to resolve this when the problem fixed itself.

So... pretty good response from AT&T service, bummer that there's this inconvenient bug. I feel bad for those to whom the multiple messages are being sent to a business contact, luckily that was not my case.

Update: My problem went away on it's own, right at about 96 hours from when I sent the text.  Or maybe somebody behind the scenes found the right bit to twiddle.

The admin in this thread did send me a PM, and also forwarded my info to another person who contacted me.

We were in the process of setting up a phonecon to resolve this when the problem fixed itself.

So... pretty good response from AT&T service, bummer that there's this inconvenient bug. I feel bad for those to whom the multiple messages are being sent to a business contact, luckily that was not my case.

11 of 12 (5,493 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2011 9:53:02 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Glad to hear the issue is resolved. Thanks for updating the thread. Smiley Happy

--------------

Glad to hear the issue is resolved. Thanks for updating the thread. Smiley Happy

--------------

12 of 12 (5,491 Views)