Helpful Links

My galaxy S2 Screen is much less bright than IPHONE 4

Contributor

My galaxy S2 Screen is much less bright than IPHONE 4

According to comparsions done by people from youtube and some magazines, Galaxy S2 was supposed to be brighter than Iphone4 but mine is so much dark as compared to IPhone4.

I even have a hard time to read when outside. is my phone defected? or the comparsions are wrong?

thank you

Message 1 of 5
Master

Re: My galaxy S2 Screen is much less bright than IPHONE 4

I don't think it is brighter but definitly much more contrasty than iPhone screen. Black/Dark on this screen is true black/dark. On iPhone, it will be greyish black, just like all other LCD screens.

As for your problem, there are screen brightness settings, did you try different settings?

Message 2 of 5
Contributor

I have a hard time to read outside even with Maximum brightness

Message 3 of 5
Master

My Captivate's AMOLED (same with the Galaxy S II) screen beats Apple's Retina display by a long shot. My iPod Touch 4G's screen was better than my iPhone 3GS's, but neither of them can compare to my Captivate. Especially my 3GS - I would MUCH rather use my Captivate because the colors are so much richer and have a nicer contrast.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 4 of 5
Scholar

lgj1626 wrote:

According to comparsions done by people from youtube and some magazines, Galaxy S2 was supposed to be brighter than Iphone4 but mine is so much dark as compared to IPhone4.

I even have a hard time to read when outside. is my phone defected? or the comparsions are wrong?

thank you

Don't believe all you read..   My Wife has a iPhone 4 and I have the Galaxy S2 and my display blows the iPhone 4 out of the water in brightness, vividness and the flat out WOW factor!! 
Just go to your local AT&T Store and have the sales rep adjust both phones to max/mid/low brightness and you will see for yourself. 

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support