My galaxy S2 Screen is much less bright than IPHONE 4

Contributor

My galaxy S2 Screen is much less bright than IPHONE 4

According to comparsions done by people from youtube and some magazines, Galaxy S2 was supposed to be brighter than Iphone4 but mine is so much dark as compared to IPhone4.

I even have a hard time to read when outside. is my phone defected? or the comparsions are wrong?

thank you

Message 1 of 5
Master

Re: My galaxy S2 Screen is much less bright than IPHONE 4

I don't think it is brighter but definitly much more contrasty than iPhone screen. Black/Dark on this screen is true black/dark. On iPhone, it will be greyish black, just like all other LCD screens.

As for your problem, there are screen brightness settings, did you try different settings?

Message 2 of 5
Contributor

I have a hard time to read outside even with Maximum brightness

Message 3 of 5
Master

My Captivate's AMOLED (same with the Galaxy S II) screen beats Apple's Retina display by a long shot. My iPod Touch 4G's screen was better than my iPhone 3GS's, but neither of them can compare to my Captivate. Especially my 3GS - I would MUCH rather use my Captivate because the colors are so much richer and have a nicer contrast.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 4 of 5
Scholar

lgj1626 wrote:

According to comparsions done by people from youtube and some magazines, Galaxy S2 was supposed to be brighter than Iphone4 but mine is so much dark as compared to IPhone4.

I even have a hard time to read when outside. is my phone defected? or the comparsions are wrong?

thank you

Don't believe all you read..   My Wife has a iPhone 4 and I have the Galaxy S2 and my display blows the iPhone 4 out of the water in brightness, vividness and the flat out WOW factor!! 
Just go to your local AT&T Store and have the sales rep adjust both phones to max/mid/low brightness and you will see for yourself. 

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support