My at&t Samsung Skyrocket , over heating , calling quality is bad !!! 40 days old

Contributor

My at&t Samsung Skyrocket , over heating , calling quality is bad !!! 40 days old

Hello

I have an at&t Skyrocket I bought new from a local at&t corporate store in Lexington,KY ... I don't have a wireless line from at&t and I paid full price for the device with is $499.99 ........ However , starting sometime now I have the device over heating so much especially after few minutes of use and the device starts to feel sluggish in the meanwhile , I tried to delete all my apps again and do a soft reset and returning the device to factory defaults and wipes everything , didn't work .. deleted all my apps again and just the factory apps and the same thing happens !! then I tried to pull the battery out and SIM to reset it , noticed some burning marks on the SIM card !! returned everything again and powered on , the same heating after some phone calls and net browsing ... Also the calling quality is horrible and the sound is muffled I can't clearly understand my callers ... Now the phone is 1 month and 10 days old (so out of the first month customer satisfaction) but clearly has a problem ... The att store where I bough the device from were rude and they refused doing anything , they said call att (which then they did them selves and told me that att also refuses exchanging the device because I have no att account !!

Then I talked to the manager who told me my only option is to contact Samsung ... That's all !!! now I know that Samsung has the worst customer support from a previous experience with them PLUS I have to mail the device to them PLUS even if they decide to do something they will send me a refurbished device !!! now I didn't pay $500 + and after 40 days I would get a REFURB !!!

Now please if I can get an advice , and especially from any att rep who can clear this issue for me ..Thanks

Message 1 of 2
Former Community Manager

Re: My at&t Samsung Skyrocket , over heating , calling quality is bad !!! 40 days old

I received your private message and replied. 

As I noted this morning, since you are not an AT&T customer and the 30 day return period has elapsed; you will need to work with Samsung directly on this issue. Since they are the manufacturer, they need to handle your concerns under the manufacturer's warranty. I have arranged that for you and hope that you'll return to this thread to update us on how it worked out!

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support