Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 11, 2011
6:10:34 AM
View profile
My Microcell...

Ok, I'm on day 2, waiting for the stupid thing to be activated.  I've come to the conclusion that this device is just a ruse.  Good thing they let me have it for free, but I have to drive 200 miles to take it back.

I followed the instructions, and even changed my router's firewall settings, enabled port forwarding.  The guy at the AT&T store acted like this would be a plug and play operation, and I would have thought that a Cisco device would play nice ith my Cisco router.

This thing shows that it connected on the front, but the 3G light continues to flash, yet the activity indicator on my router blinks occaisioanally.  If this hunk of crap was actually doing something, I would imagine that the activity would be a little more.

Was I duped into believing that this thing is actually going to do what it says?  Did I perhaps end up with a defective unit?  Some help or suggestions would be appreciated.  I'm not even going to bother with calling AT&T customer service, because those bone heads don't even know how to wipe their own butts, it seems like, or they barely speak english and you can't understand what they are saying.

Ok, I'm on day 2, waiting for the stupid thing to be activated.  I've come to the conclusion that this device is just a ruse.  Good thing they let me have it for free, but I have to drive 200 miles to take it back.

I followed the instructions, and even changed my router's firewall settings, enabled port forwarding.  The guy at the AT&T store acted like this would be a plug and play operation, and I would have thought that a Cisco device would play nice ith my Cisco router.

This thing shows that it connected on the front, but the 3G light continues to flash, yet the activity indicator on my router blinks occaisioanally.  If this hunk of crap was actually doing something, I would imagine that the activity would be a little more.

Was I duped into believing that this thing is actually going to do what it says?  Did I perhaps end up with a defective unit?  Some help or suggestions would be appreciated.  I'm not even going to bother with calling AT&T customer service, because those bone heads don't even know how to wipe their own butts, it seems like, or they barely speak english and you can't understand what they are saying.

My Microcell...

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2011 12:46:48 PM
(0)
Contributor

I wouldn't take it back.  Chances are you are impacted by the widespread outages that have been documented all over the US.  Give it a few days.

I wouldn't take it back.  Chances are you are impacted by the widespread outages that have been documented all over the US.  Give it a few days.

Re: My Microcell...

2 of 2 (200 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments