My Gophone

Teacher

My Gophone

[ Edited ]

Hey I just got a Gophone and I dont wanna get a huge bill by accidently using data so I wanna disable it. Does anyone know how I can do that?

Message 1 of 28 (1,061 Views)
Teacher

Re: My Gophone

Wow this is kinda lame, my phone doesn't recieve texts. It sends texts fine, but I was sent a text at 7 this morning and still havent gotten it. and btw I have service and had 5 bars for 4 1/2 hours since the text was sent.

Message 16 of 28 (909 Views)

[ Edited ]

seth93 wrote:

Wow this is kinda lame, my phone doesn't recieve texts. It sends texts fine, but I was sent a text at 7 this morning and still havent gotten it. and btw I have service and had 5 bars for 4 1/2 hours since the text was sent.

seth93, try these two free "your balance" text requests:

1. BALANCE TEXT REQUEST:  key *777# [send]  You should get back "Your account balance is ..."
  2. MESSAGING BALANCE TEXT REQUEST:  key *777*2# [send] You should get back "You have <number> messages ..."

Try this for size.  If neither does work, you do have issues.  But this will give you some baseline if you have to escalate to Customer Care.  Good luck.

Message 17 of 28 (902 Views)
Teacher

I did that and also sent myself a text, but recieved none.

Message 18 of 28 (896 Views)
Teacher

I did get 5 texts from at&t right after I activated it.

Message 19 of 28 (895 Views)

seth93 wrote:

I did that and also sent myself a text, but recieved none.

seth93, yes, you are having a cellphone problem if you cannot receive texts after all the things you tried.

Before you call Customer Care and receive a return authorization, do a hard reset of your phone.

How?  This is done by a "battery pull":

1. pull the battery while the phone is on
  2. wait 30 or more seconds
  3. replace the battery
  4. phone will reboot, and it will take longer than usual, as it is going to reset and refresh its network provisioning over the air.

Then retry the free texts to request balance, and messaging balance.  If no replies are received, your phone has gone bad.

This is what I would do before calling Customer Care, as they are going to ask you to do exactly the same thing.  Good luck.

Message 20 of 28 (887 Views)
Master

If it's a new line of service and you've not been receiving text messages previously (other than the free messages sent to you by at&t), it sounds like the provisioning for your account within the network hasn't been handled correctly.  Contact customer service or visit your local Corporate at&t store - they should be able to rectify the issue.  (To contact customer service, you'll need to say "more options' at the first menu prompt of the IVR, then "customer service" at subsequent menu prompts.  After a few prompts, you will be connected to a live representative.)

If you had been receiving text messages, but now you aren't - if you haven't already tried it, a simple power cycle of your phone may solve the issue.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 21 of 28 (900 Views)
Teacher

I took it to a AT&T store and they told me it has a bad sim card. so i'm gonna try another phone.

Message 22 of 28 (887 Views)
Master

Okay. Good luck with the new phone, and I'm sure we'd all appreciate it if you came back to post further updates.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 23 of 28 (884 Views)
Teacher

Hey, got my new phone and AT&T doesn't really recognise my phone. I activated it and they sent me a text saying that it is active, but they don't recognise my number online, and I called 611 on it but it said "Sorry, AT&T Mobile Care is not available for this account type.".

Message 24 of 28 (865 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

seth93 wrote:

Hey, got my new phone and AT&T doesn't really recognise my phone. I activated it and they sent me a text saying that it is active, but they don't recognise my number online, and I called 611 on it but it said "Sorry, AT&T Mobile Care is not available for this account type.".

Turn off your phone (long press power button and select "shutdown"), wait 10 minutes and turn it back on.

Message 25 of 28 (861 Views)
Teacher

I'd love to do that but I finally got it fully activated after an hour, give or take a minute, on the phone with C.S. thanks anyways. Smiley Happy
Message 26 of 28 (854 Views)
Professor

That's wonderful.Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 28 (851 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

Not the hour part, but, yeah.

Message 28 of 28 (844 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.