Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 5, 2011
12:32:22 PM
View profile
My Caller ID Just Shows as "Wireless Caller".

When I make a call I just show up as "wireless caller" on other's phones. As a result some of my calls aren't accepted. When I bought the phone and minutes from an AT&T store, the salesman said there would be no problem.  I called AT&T and they say that Caller ID on GoPhones cannot be personalized.   Do all of you just live with a service which shows you as just a "wireless caller" ??

When I make a call I just show up as "wireless caller" on other's phones. As a result some of my calls aren't accepted. When I bought the phone and minutes from an AT&T store, the salesman said there would be no problem.  I called AT&T and they say that Caller ID on GoPhones cannot be personalized.   Do all of you just live with a service which shows you as just a "wireless caller" ??

My Caller ID Just Shows as "Wireless Caller".

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2011 1:22:55 PM
(0)
Scholar

jimchi wrote:

Do all of you just live with a service which shows you as just a "wireless caller" ??

Sure. In fact, I prefer it that way. We have our postpaid plan set up that way. The people we call already have our numbers in their contacts list anyway so our names (or whatever nickname they've deigned to assign) pop up when we call them.

jimchi wrote:

Do all of you just live with a service which shows you as just a "wireless caller" ??

Sure. In fact, I prefer it that way. We have our postpaid plan set up that way. The people we call already have our numbers in their contacts list anyway so our names (or whatever nickname they've deigned to assign) pop up when we call them.

Re: My Caller ID Just Shows as "Wireless Caller".

2 of 5 (1,598 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2011 1:37:51 PM
(0)
Contributor

My name doesn't show up even if I am in their caller list.  Nothing shows except "wireless caller"

My name doesn't show up even if I am in their caller list.  Nothing shows except "wireless caller"

3 of 5 (1,594 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2011 5:42:43 PM
(0)
Contributor

I just posted a question similar to this, only I'm appaearing as "Unknown"

and It hasn't happened before until the past two months.

so I don't know what gives, really.

Before it wouldn't be a problem and I'd show up as my name.

I just posted a question similar to this, only I'm appaearing as "Unknown"

and It hasn't happened before until the past two months.

so I don't know what gives, really.

Before it wouldn't be a problem and I'd show up as my name.

4 of 5 (1,583 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2011 12:13:25 PM
(0)
Explorer
When my wife and I switched from postpaid to prepaid a few years ago they re-personalized our GoPhones outgoing caller ID's (CNAM's). Some older folks we call won't answer the phone (landlines) without recognizing the caller's name.

Suddenly about 2 years ago our caller ID's were switched to "Wireless Caller". I called support and talked with two different reps who said ATT's policy had changed and personalization could no longer be offered for prepaid accounts.

We were upset and it is still a problem for us today. Otherwise the service has worked fine and we have saved a ton of money as we are relatively light users.

If anyone else has had recent luck with changing the CNAM's please let us know.
When my wife and I switched from postpaid to prepaid a few years ago they re-personalized our GoPhones outgoing caller ID's (CNAM's). Some older folks we call won't answer the phone (landlines) without recognizing the caller's name.

Suddenly about 2 years ago our caller ID's were switched to "Wireless Caller". I called support and talked with two different reps who said ATT's policy had changed and personalization could no longer be offered for prepaid accounts.

We were upset and it is still a problem for us today. Otherwise the service has worked fine and we have saved a ton of money as we are relatively light users.

If anyone else has had recent luck with changing the CNAM's please let us know.

5 of 5 (1,535 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments