Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 22, 2012
11:54:27 AM
Moving up to the One XL: Data plan question

Not sure if this is the right forum or not. Please move if it isn't...

I'm going to be upgrading to the One XL and LTE is coming to the New Orleans area. I know that I am grandfathered with my unlimited data plan. Does the same grandfathering apply to LTE or would I be giving it up?  If I have to give it up to enjoy LTE, what are the pros and cons?

Not sure if this is the right forum or not. Please move if it isn't...

I'm going to be upgrading to the One XL and LTE is coming to the New Orleans area. I know that I am grandfathered with my unlimited data plan. Does the same grandfathering apply to LTE or would I be giving it up?  If I have to give it up to enjoy LTE, what are the pros and cons?

Moving up to the One XL: Data plan question

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2012 6:21:40 PM
(0)
Master

No, you don't have to give up the unlimited data plan. You will need get that upgraded to LTE unlimited which usually happens when you buy your phone at AT&T store or online. But 3rd party retailers may not be able to do that.

No, you don't have to give up the unlimited data plan. You will need get that upgraded to LTE unlimited which usually happens when you buy your phone at AT&T store or online. But 3rd party retailers may not be able to do that.

Re: Moving up to the One XL: Data plan question

2 of 4 (486 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2012 8:53:18 PM
(0)
Teacher

foxbat121 wrote:

Is the price the same?

foxbat121 wrote:

Is the price the same?

3 of 4 (478 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2012 6:18:15 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

No change in price for LTE.  Its not really a different plan, per se.  More of a technical requirement that they just need to enable LTE on your account.  If the store rep doesn't know how to do it, or claims that you can't keep your unlimited data plan, just ask to talk to the manager or go somewhere else. 

No change in price for LTE.  Its not really a different plan, per se.  More of a technical requirement that they just need to enable LTE on your account.  If the store rep doesn't know how to do it, or claims that you can't keep your unlimited data plan, just ask to talk to the manager or go somewhere else. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (467 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments