Ask a question

Posted May 9, 2012
    11:19:15 AM
    View profile
    Moving Apps to SD Card on the Galaxy Note

Background: Samsung Note with a 16Gig Class 10 micro SD card installed / formatted and mounted.

When I try to move applications from internal storage to the SD card I get an Error Message saying the SD card is full. But when I look at the SD card in the Storage section of Settings it shows I have 15Gigs free.  I have put some pictures on the SD card and downloaded an app directly to the SD card.  What am I doing wrong?

Moving Apps to SD Card on the Galaxy Note

4 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (4)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    May 9, 2012 11:59:53 AM
    (0)
    Teacher

Don't move more than 50 apps on to sd card. Your phone will be in reboot loop if you have sd card with more than approx. 50 Apps. This is a bug/issue with gingerbread.

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=25563

Re: Moving Apps to SD Card on the Galaxy Note

2 of 5 (4,198 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    May 9, 2012 12:03:27 PM
    (0)
    Teacher

Not every Application is capable to be moved to external sd.

If you go Settings>Applications>Manage Applications> On SD Card.. you shall see eligible applications that can be moved to external SD card. The ones with the check mark says that it is on the SD Card..

3 of 5 (4,195 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    May 9, 2012 12:36:04 PM
    (0)
    Contributor
    The items I am trying to move are ones I can move... but wgen I cleck on the "Move to SD Card" I get that the SD card is full.... and it's not.

4 of 5 (4,190 Views)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 15, 2012 2:34:26 AM
    (0)
    Tutor
    I ran in to that problem on my HTC Status. I unmounted and then remounted the sd card. It solved the problem. Be sure to backup the pictures, etc. On your card first. If I remember correctly, when I remounted the sd card my phone "prepared" the card. I'm no expert, but I guess that's the same as reformatting the card, of course, I could be wrong. Hope this helps.

5 of 5 (3,893 Views)