Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Dec 16, 2011
9:21:09 AM
View profile
Moved House - Microcell with iOS device

Hi everyone - I just moved house from NJ to WA and brought my trusty microcell with me.  Changed the address, and activated all ok.

Only issue I have now is all the iOS location services seem to think I'm still in NJ - as I understand it the iOS device sends its local cell tower information to Apple with the MAC address of the wifi router its connected to to provide location information.

I dont expect anyone on here to fix this (as its clearly an Apple issue, and I know their location services support ticket says 'femtocells are clearly not supported).

I just wondered if anyone else had worked through this issue and if it ever resolved itself (or whether you just bought a new femtocell)

Thanks

Hi everyone - I just moved house from NJ to WA and brought my trusty microcell with me.  Changed the address, and activated all ok.

Only issue I have now is all the iOS location services seem to think I'm still in NJ - as I understand it the iOS device sends its local cell tower information to Apple with the MAC address of the wifi router its connected to to provide location information.

I dont expect anyone on here to fix this (as its clearly an Apple issue, and I know their location services support ticket says 'femtocells are clearly not supported).

I just wondered if anyone else had worked through this issue and if it ever resolved itself (or whether you just bought a new femtocell)

Thanks

Moved House - Microcell with iOS device

0 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments