Motorola Tundra - Can not Delete contacts

Contributor

Motorola Tundra - Can not Delete contacts

at&t has pre-loaded a full page of entries in the address book that you can not delete.  They all are named AT&T xxxxx so they are always at the top of the list and you have to scroll through a complete page of numbers every time you want to find some on in the address book.  I called customer support and they told me there was no way to delete these.  I'm sure its a hidden code to unlock and delete these.  This is unacceptable that they force you to have numbers in your contacts that you will never use.  Has any one figured out how to delete these entries?
Message 1 of 36 (14,375 Views)
Scholar

Re: Motorola Tundra - Can not Delete contacts

Can't help you with deleting, but if you are in your phone book, just press the letter of the person's name that you are looking for. It will bring you right to it. Better,faster than scrolling.
Message 2 of 36 (14,257 Views)

There may be a seem edit to be able to delete them, but as of yet it is not known since the Tundra is still relatively new.  Also, SEEM editing or Modding in any way voids any warranty you have, so for the most part you have to just kind of deal with them. 
Message 3 of 36 (14,230 Views)
Teacher

jhjukmail wrote:
 I'm sure its a hidden code to unlock and delete these.
You are probably on to your own answer there.

Might be worth buying or finding the unlock code for the phone then trying to delete them. 

Message 4 of 36 (14,171 Views)
nrw
Teacher

I just got a Tundra and have the same issue.  Quite frankly, I'm pis_ed that they would do this! They already put enough junk on the phones to begin with and now they forcing us keep these "contacts" that I will NEVER use.
Message 5 of 36 (14,004 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

Agree, its ridiculous. I will find a way around it. I paid for it, its my phone now. I should be able to delete as I please. Next time I will buy an unbranded phone if they dont stop forceing themselves on us.
Message 6 of 36 (13,899 Views)
Master

nrw wrote:
I just got a Tundra and have the same issue.  Quite frankly, I'm pis_ed that they would do this! They already put enough junk on the phones to begin with and now they forcing us keep these "contacts" that I will NEVER use.

As Vampredator has said above, if you are familiar with modding or doing seem edits, you can probably remove these contacts from your phone. However, doing so will also void your warranty, so make sure that you really can't just live with them before doing a removal.
Message 7 of 36 (13,823 Views)
Tutor

Will the phone allow you to edit the names of those contacts? If it will, you could rename them and add "ZZZ" to the beginning of their names. Then, they would appear at the end of your conact list where you would never notice them.
Message 8 of 36 (13,648 Views)
Teacher

Try creating a new contact list then place all those AT&T contacts into that list, have it separate from your personal contact list. This is a simple work around until we find out how to edit them out of the phone...
Message 9 of 36 (13,620 Views)
Mentor

Brilliance in simplicity Smiley Wink
Message 10 of 36 (13,568 Views)
Contributor

Hello all. Looks like this is an issue w/a lot of co's. As to the contact issue, you can't delete or rename them. Secondly, I tried creating a contact list & dumping them in there but not only are they there in the contact list but also individually. So unless I am doing something wrong, neither method works.

Message 11 of 36 (7,750 Views)
Contributor

I the consumer and many others I see think that its should be the consumers choice to add names and and phone numbers to a phone that we purchased. Also if we so choose we should be able to delete the unwanted ring tones and wallpapers and game demos. An idea is that they should be on the motorola or the carriers website and should be added with free downloads if wanted. I hear the tundra can do firmware upgrades this is a could way ATT could solve this problem and it would be greatly appreciated.

Message 12 of 36 (7,609 Views)
Professor

It is the consumer's choice to purchase an unlocked device directly from the manufacturer vs. getting a discount on a locked device from a carrier. If you don't like the AT&T-branded phone, don't buy it. Vote with your wallet! Smiley Happy

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 13 of 36 (7,590 Views)
Mentor

Wow, I didn't know Motorola offered unlocked/unbranded Tundras.  

-Tim 
Message 14 of 36 (7,571 Views)
Contributor

also having the same frustrating problem.  went to the att.com web site, to the contact us page, and called 1-800-331-0500 to report this as a customer complaint and sent email with the same complaint.

and am now trying to decide whether i return the phone or not...

Message 15 of 36 (6,927 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.